Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New CBS sports article

Back to the top

Thanks Delta. I missed that . Good read.
Back to the top

Second article on the CBS Sports app, Six teams the author is excited to see this year.

First team:

Florida Atlantic
You have to give Lane Kiffin credit. I'm more interested in Owls football than I ever have been before or ever thought I'd be. I mean, considering how many players Kiffin has brought in that were featured during the first two seasons of Netflix's "Last Chance U," I feel like I already know half the team. They haven't played a game, and I'm already emotionally invested.
Then, of course, there's the Lane Kiffin factor itself. If we look at Lane's previous stops as a head coach, there hasn't been a shortage of interesting things happening. Whether it's Kiffin's exit from Knoxville, or him disguising himself as the Unabomber on the sideline during a Sun Bowl appearance with USC, there's always something to talk about when Kiffin is involved.
So it looks like Owl be watching FAU a lot more closely this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Good article and man are we (er…Lane) getting the free pub!

Link to the story;

Six college football teams that get my juices flowing ahead of the 2017 season - CBSSports.com
Back to the top

Press is good for a program that has been down.  But press does not win games.  Our offense was on the rise last year and should continue to get better this year.  I have big defensive concerns.  Given all the additional financial resources, Lane needs to be bowling by year 2.
Back to the top

kim in dania said

Press is good for a program that has been down.  But press does not win games.  Our offense was on the rise last year and should continue to get better this year.  I have big defensive concerns.  Given all the additional financial resources, Lane needs to be bowling by year 2.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 10:58 AM #370094

It's hard to argue we shouldn't win 6 games this year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

kim in dania said

Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 10:58 AM #370094

It's hard to argue we shouldn't win 6 games this year.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 12:24 PM #370104

Yeah. We need to bowl out this year. I thought defense was better this year, and offense was struggling.

I think we have to win at least 7 or 8 to justify the expense.
Back to the top

I don't think 6-6 gets us to a bowl.
The C-USA is not as top heavy this year and wins I feel will be more spread around the conference.

We have 5 ties in and you can figure and extra fro a power 5 not filling theirs.
Here are the tie ins   2017 college football bowl tie-ins by conference: All 40 games in one place - SBNation.com the ones posted a couple days ago are three years old.

2017 college football bowl tie-ins by conference: All 40 games in one place - SBNation.com

If you look at this prediction
2017 college football bowl tie-ins by conference: All 40 games in one place - SBNation.com

two 6-6 teams wont make it and if it come down to FAU and one of the other schools in C-USA unless its St. Petersburg bowl most are west and we wont get chosen.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I don't think 6-6 gets us to a bowl.
The C-USA is not as top heavy this year and wins I feel will be more spread around the conference.

We have 5 ties in and you can figure and extra fro a power 5 not filling theirs.
Here are the tie ins   2017 college football bowl tie-ins by conference: All 40 games in one place - SBNation.com the ones posted a couple days ago are three years old.

If you look at this prediction

two 6-6 teams wont make it and if it come down to FAU and one of the other schools in C-USA unless its St. Petersburg bowl most are west and we wont get chosen.  

Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 1:44 PM #370108

Agreed. Last time we were 6-6 we stayed home. we need at least 7 wins.
Back to the top

7 IS BETTER! :Big-Grin:

But 6-6 probably WILL get a team in as with the way scheduling is done now and how TOP HEAVY all the Power5 Conferences are, three 5-7 teams have gone each of the past two years!
Back to the top
Control functions: