Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

Local Owl said

StPete, drop the Mr Florida stuff. That is history. Flash back  1978. My team mate was Defensive MR Florida. Went to FSU. NEVER started a game. I know Kiffen and Biles are going to start they guy that they think can win the games. Johnson may be the #3 guy on the team right now. Who knows. Oh and in case the other teams don't know this, on third and short, if they  bring in Johnson , it is a designed run. We get it. You like Johnson. I've been here so long , I'm for the guy that wins games.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 3:31 PM #370073

I'm sure your buddy still references being Mr Florida 1978, its a hell of an accomplishment…I'm highlighting the difference between that scrub MGIII and Johnson. Why would I drop it? Speculation, gold or QBs, is fun business. Fact: one of our QBs was recently the best player in the state that churns out NFL hall of famers on the regular. Hoot.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

StPete, drop the Mr Florida stuff. That is history. Flash back  1978. My team mate was Defensive MR Florida. Went to FSU. NEVER started a game. I know Kiffen and Biles are going to start they guy that they think can win the games. Johnson may be the #3 guy on the team right now. Who knows. Oh and in case the other teams don't know this, on third and short, if they  bring in Johnson , it is a designed run. We get it. You like Johnson. I've been here so long , I'm for the guy that wins games.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 3:31 PM #370073

Look at the past  winners of Mr. Florida football, based on percentages I think your opinion is incorrect.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 3:55 PM #370074

The Tebow and Culpepper names ring loud on that list based on their success in college, they had some incredibly talented playmakers around them too…hopefully that's what Kiffin is putting in the building. I'm so excited for Sept 1
Back to the top

I guess I used the wrong words. I am trying to say that his title doesn't insure starting. He needs to show us why he was given that title. I hope that on Sept 2 we are all talking about the great QB play. I can not wait for the season. Still need to stop by It's Owl time for my guests.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I guess I used the wrong words. I am trying to say that his title doesn't insure starting. He needs to show us why he was given that title. I hope that on Sept 2 we are all talking about the great QB play. I can not wait for the season. Still need to stop by It's Owl time for my guests.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 5:59 PM #370078

I agree with you on the titles, just trying to have some fun and stir some convo  :cool: I honestly hope we outrush navy by like 200 yards and throw the ball 7 times…and of course win
Back to the top

Local Owl said

All I am saying is titles don't win you the starting job. That needs to be earned. I am aware that most Mr Florida players turn out great. I'm hoping Johnson is one of them. He hasn't showed it yet.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 4:14 PM #370075

Local Owl said

All I am saying is titles don't win you the starting job. That needs to be earned. I am aware that most Mr Florida players turn out great. I'm hoping Johnson is one of them. He hasn't showed it yet.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 4:14 PM #370075

Agreed but I think that will change when the real game begins, maybe some of it is hope but I still believe he's the guy.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Just going by what is being reported, I think it's safe to say that no matter who starts, #2 will be getting reps each game. Sounds like Parr has actually been the most consistent performer in the Fall, although I'd have to think the other two are still ahead of him on the depth chart. The lack of an emerging #1 is a little troubling to me at this point.
Back to the top

Was at the scrimmage Friday.

Here is my takeaway from what I watched:

Johnson - reminds me a lot of a Jacory Harris type.  I am not sold.

Driskell - Best combination of decision making, arm, ability to move.

Parr - best arm no question.  Forces throws.  Looks like he has gained about 10-15 lbs and some poise out there.  Looks like a college QB now.

I think Driskell starting gives us the best chance to win games with the running game we should have in place.

If I am a betting man - here is my bet…Johnson never starts another game at FAU after week 6 of this season.  That being said, I hope he proves me wrong.  I just think Driskell is better than he is now and Parr will be in the future.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Well that ought to spark some conversation!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

walty12 said

Parr - best arm no question.  Forces throws.  Looks like he has gained about 10-15 lbs and some poise out there.  Looks like a college QB now.

I think Driskell starting gives us the best chance to win games with the running game we should have in place.

If I am a betting man - here is my bet…Johnson never starts another game at FAU after week 6 of this season.  That being said, I hope he proves me wrong.  I just think Driskell is better than he is now and Parr will be in the future.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 9:58 AM #370083

That Jacory Harris reference - that's pretty bad for us, if his decision making is as inconsistent as Harris's was at Miami.

I do have to say though, I'm disappointed that Kiffin hasn't sorted these issues out yet, given the work he did at Bama with three different starters, with Blake Sims, Jake Coker, and the Jalen Hurts. I was expecting to see some dramatic improvement at that position. At the same time though, Bama never has had a problem delaying in naming the starter, and it usually works out pretty well for them, since they get to see all the competitors on the field in real games, and can judge who shows up at practice and who shows up to games. I'm holding off on being too alarmed at this point, I just wish it was difficult to name the starter because they're all good, not because they through a crap load of INTs.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

walty12 said

Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 9:58 AM #370083

That Jacory Harris reference - that's pretty bad for us, if his decision making is as inconsistent as Harris's was at Miami.

I do have to say though, I'm disappointed that Kiffin hasn't sorted these issues out yet, given the work he did at Bama with three different starters, with Blake Sims, Jake Coker, and the Jalen Hurts. I was expecting to see some dramatic improvement at that position. At the same time though, Bama never has had a problem delaying in naming the starter, and it usually works out pretty well for them, since they get to see all the competitors on the field in real games, and can judge who shows up at practice and who shows up to games. I'm holding off on being too alarmed at this point, I just wish it was difficult to name the starter because they're all good, not because they through a crap load of INTs.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 10:44 AM #370089

Last year Blake Barnett and jalen hurts played the opening game. And then jalen hurts won the job after that game
Back to the top