Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

A news story on what Memphis is doing to get IT'S indoor facilities built;

Why did University of Memphis have to borrow $10 million for football?

Sounds awfully similiar to FAU and also NOT a Power 5 program. The story also reinforces what we all know - that the Power in Power 5 in ALL ABOUT $$$! Nothing about ability or size of school or age of program - only what Conference you are LUCKY enough to be in!!!!! The "Power 5" iS ALL ABOUT EXCLUSION.

That being said I think WE should do  the same as Memphis - GET IT DONE!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A news story on what Memphis is doing to get IT'S indoor facilities built;

Why did University of Memphis have to borrow $10 million for football?

Sounds awfully similiar to FAU and also NOT a Power 5 program. The story also reinforces what we all know - that the Power in Power 5 in ALL ABOUT $$$! Nothing about ability or size of school or age of program - only what Conference you are LUCKY enough to be in!!!!! The "Power 5" iS ALL ABOUT EXCLUSION.

That being said I think WE should do  the same as Memphis - GET IT DONE!

Posted On: Aug 6th 2017, 8:47 AM #369759

It is getting done, you make it sound like we are stuck with drwwings.  Approximately $35 million has been raised, we are probably a month or so from breaking ground.  Order of progression:  1.  Complete phase 1 (which will probasbly lead to more donation, especially with on field success).  2.  Start Phase 2.  3.  Start Phase 3.  Do NOT borrow money that is not asscoicate with a revenue producing activity.  Stadium = yes.  Academic Center = no.
Back to the top

No, I know it is getting done - and ours is more expensive, just the similarites between projects and the apparent same wall in fundraising after a point is telling, as is the timeline. I still think we should borrow the $$$, get it ALL built know while we have this Coaching staff in g=hand and grow NOW! Stop waiting, stop phasing things in,  and strike while the iron is hot so to speak. And show THIS staff that FAU IS serious about the program and athletics overall. Give them reason to stay after we start winning. Like Memphis, is has been many years in the works and once we turn this sinking ship around, the revenues WILL COME to pat=y for this and ALL of athletics. We just gotta stop dicking around like we have since Howard retired!  Ya wanna be FBS level - act like it!
Back to the top

One of my friends who work for the school sent me a pic today of fence going up at the this site. I wonder how long it will take to put up phase one? It seems once they get going on these projects they pop up quickly.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

One of my friends who work for the school sent me a pic today of fence going up at the this site. I wonder how long it will take to put up phase one? It seems once they get going on these projects they pop up quickly.
Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 2:29 PM #369987

Nice, glad to hear it. Hope to see some decent progress by early Nov. when in town for the Marshall game! Too optimistic? :Thinking:
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Be the first, share the pic????
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

If they have the site work and underground (utilities, storm tech, etc) completed already, the building could go vertically very quickly, within a couple months. If not, it could be more like 6-months or longer. But timeline all depends if the builder has their trades lined up.  
Back to the top

Per the DRAFT document, the construction phase was anticipated to be from July 2017 to July 2018. So a year. Maybe we'll have Phase I by mid-season next year.
Back to the top

Swung by campus today. Not a lot up yet but I suspect more will be going up soon. 
Back to the top

Have had conversations with people who know.

This isn't getting done for awhile.  Saw people on the board saying this fall.  Nope.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: