Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgating

Now we're talkin Mr. North Cackalacky!  :Big-Grin:

We have a big spread for game 1, large tailgate turnout expected, 50+ people. We're smoking 2 15lb briskets, a pork shoulder and ribs as well as sides. as much light beer as one can consume (to stay hydrated of course) and victory sausages for post game celebration.

We do TV so no music typically, though since game 1 is a Friday we dont have gameday or other games to watch.
Back to the top

@teambeer - how early can you get in?  When I smoke a brisket or shoulder, it is generally a 12-17 hour ordeal.  So my BBQ-related tailgates are already cooked the night before, with the grill there to warm-up pans full of pork goodness.  The caveat are ribs - I can get them done in a stack and rotate method in a couple of hours or so, and if we have time I can do those from begging to end at the tailgate.  I also grew up close to Asheville (Western NC is tomato-based sauce), but lived in Raleigh for nearly 17 years (Eastern NC is vinegar-based sauce).  We make some pretty decent homemade BBQ sauce, so if you are a "pork-guy" I'll bring you a jar full.

The timing is another important question for a newbie, as most places have some kind of policy that say something like no more than 4 hours before kickoff and no tailgating afterwards.  Of course that is stated policy and not necessarily reality, so trying to gauge what is too early and what post-game looks like in the Silver lot.
Back to the top

I have four additional people coming with me. One is my daughter that gets off work in WPB at 5:00. I probably wont leave my house until six. With no traffic , I live twenty minutes from the stadium. I park in the silver lot. I hope I get a spot. Not to tailgate. Just to park.
Back to the top

Who is the group that tailgates in the Silver lot. Extreme north west corner. Right by the intersection by the stadium. I always admire their set up.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Now we're talkin Mr. North Cackalacky!  :Big-Grin:

We have a big spread for game 1, large tailgate turnout expected, 50+ people. We're smoking 2 15lb briskets, a pork shoulder and ribs as well as sides. as much light beer as one can consume (to stay hydrated of course) and victory sausages for post game celebration.

We do TV so no music typically, though since game 1 is a Friday we dont have gameday or other games to watch.
Posted On: Aug 22nd 2017, 3:27 PM #370128

Hopefully someone threw out the Victory Sausage from last year, I think they probably have gone bad by now! But we did consume some loser cornbread!!
Back to the top

Last year the starting QB was announced on 8/23/16. Wonder when this seasons QB will be announced ?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Last year the starting QB was announced on 8/23/16. Wonder when this seasons QB will be announced ?

Posted On: Aug 22nd 2017, 5:46 PM #370133

What time is the game?
Back to the top

Game Time said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 22nd 2017, 5:46 PM #370133

What time is the game?
Posted On: Aug 22nd 2017, 6:04 PM #370134

8pm kickoff
Back to the top

Maybe Kiffen and Briles will flip a coin after warm ups.
Back to the top

History has shown you don't want to be named the starting QB.  Going back to our first QB battle at the inception of the program the named starter (by coin flip) didn't keep the job very long.
Back to the top
Control functions: