Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Countdown presented by It's Owl Time!

First - awesome on approaching a sellout.  This will be my first FAU game, and the excitement is great, the fact that we will spend a 4-day weekend in Boca is great, and the expectations and talent-level that is building with FAU football is great.  Now the not-so-great - QBs who most thought would be the #1 and #2 with 45% completion rates, WRs who (per the article) are dogging-it in drills and dropping balls, and the fact that we are just now starting to prepare for the triple option against a team who is one of the best in the country at it all comes across as concerning.  Hopefully this is a whole bunch of coach-speak, but based on so many posts and articles about poor completion rates and turning the ball over and just the sheer number of new faces it is hard to gauge what next Friday is going to look like.

In no way should this be a make or break game - it is game 1 in a new regime with lots of new parts, and is against one of the better teams on this year's schedule.  But I hope we show up and play well (win or lose) to build momentum - Navy can make a good team look foolish at times, and an immature team look terrible.  I am optimistic, but would hate for a poor showing to then lead to really small crowds after this initial wave of excitement.  I'll be at every home game regardless, but I am an avid football fan and not the curious observer.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

First - awesome on approaching a sellout.  This will be my first FAU game, and the excitement is great, the fact that we will spend a 4-day weekend in Boca is great, and the expectations and talent-level that is building with FAU football is great.  Now the not-so-great - QBs who most thought would be the #1 and #2 with 45% completion rates, WRs who (per the article) are dogging-it in drills and dropping balls, and the fact that we are just now starting to prepare for the triple option against a team who is one of the best in the country at it all comes across as concerning.  Hopefully this is a whole bunch of coach-speak, but based on so many posts and articles about poor completion rates and turning the ball over and just the sheer number of new faces it is hard to gauge what next Friday is going to look like.

In no way should this be a make or break game - it is game 1 in a new regime with lots of new parts, and is against one of the better teams on this year's schedule.  But I hope we show up and play well (win or lose) to build momentum - Navy can make a good team look foolish at times, and an immature team look terrible.  I am optimistic, but would hate for a poor showing to then lead to really small crowds after this initial wave of excitement.  I'll be at every home game regardless, but I am an avid football fan and not the curious observer.
Posted On: Aug 22nd 2017, 3:05 PM #370125

I hope we run the ball alot and kill the clock to give our defense time to recover. Worst thing will be a string of 3-outs and our defense marching back out there with little rest against that offense.
Back to the top

9 days until @FAU_Football kicks off Football in Paradise. Tarvoris Hill wore #9 for #FAU. #OwlsUp
Back to the top

9 days until @FAU_Football kicks off Football in Paradise. Nexon Dorvilus (@Coach_D37) wore #9 for #FAU. #OwlsUp
Back to the top

9 days until @FAU_Football kicks off Football in Paradise. Trey Hendrickson wore #9 for #FAU. #OwlsUp
Back to the top

We're in the single digits!!! Finally.

Mark, will the store be open during it's regular business hours next Friday? If I can't make it to the store this weekend, I'm hoping to stop by before the game.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

We're in the single digits!!! Finally.

Mark, will the store be open during it's regular business hours next Friday? If I can't make it to the store this weekend, I'm hoping to stop by before the game.
Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 12:13 PM #370150

Good question?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 12:13 PM #370150

We will have extended hours on game day from 9am - 7pm.  We will extend hours probably on Monday & Tuesday.  We are expecting next week to be our busiest week in history, and Friday to be our busiest day in history.  We recommend gearing up earlier in the week if possible.  We expect to sell out of many products by game time.  It's going to be a wild week.

Let's Go Owls!
Back to the top

8 days until @FAU_Football kicks off Football in Paradise. Lane Kiffin never wore #8 for #FAU, but who cares, there's only 8 days until 🦉🏈
Back to the top

7 days until @FAU_Football kicks off Football in Paradise. David Kooi (@DavidKooi7) wore #7 for #FAU. #OwlsUp
Back to the top
Control functions: