Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bethune Cookman @ FAU Game Thread - September 16, 2017

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

but to give up as little yardage as we did is impressive.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 10:35 AM #370985

Bethune Cookman gained 355 total yards against Miami and 117 against FAU.

Not saying this means FAU>Miami but it should show we're headed down the right path.  We should be excited for what's being built here.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

GeorgiaOwl said

sigep77 said

Rick said

We have faced two very good run defenses…give it some time, we are going to run the ball better tonight - book it.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2017, 2:01 PM #370915

Yeah, because we're essentially playing a high school squad.  Tonight does not give us any indication of how good/bad we will be in come conference play.  I'd argue we look somewhat flat for the first half and even struggle mightily.  It's not easy for players to get up for these types of scrimmages.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2017, 2:45 PM #370916

That HS team ran for 120 yds and passed for 230 AT MIAMI. WE TOTALLY SHUT THEM DOWN!
Posted On: Sep 16th 2017, 9:53 PM #370958

You do know the transitive property doesn't work in sports, right?
Posted On: Sep 16th 2017, 11:19 PM #370972

Yes I do, was just pointing out they are NOT that bad of a team - the O especially!

Their QB has had two good games  - til yesterday :cool:

It will be interesting to see what we do vs. CUSA QB's and even the 6'7" 245 lb. Buffalo QB! I was very glad to see the Bonner/Bagner/Daub transfer group starting to contribute, they not only need to, they HAVE TOO!

Congrats to ALL THE OWLS PLAYERS AND COACHES - KEEP IT UP AND GOING MEN!
Back to the top

I have only one concern right now. and that is the status of Azeez Al-Shaair, and how serious is that injury of his.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I have only one concern right now. and that is the status of Azeez Al-Shaair, and how serious is that injury of his.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 11:55 AM #370989

Bingo. His left arm was in a sling, but he seemed to be in good spirits on the sideline. Kiffin did not add any information to the extent of Al-Shaair's injury. Hopefully, we will hear some good news soon.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

USMCOWL said

Bingo. His left arm was in a sling, but he seemed to be in good spirits on the sideline. Kiffin did not add any information to the extent of Al-Shaair's injury. Hopefully, we will hear some good news soon.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 12:20 PM #370990

My concern is I think Buffalo is a pretty decent college football team 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Jack D Whidden III said

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 12:20 PM #370990

My concern is I think Buffalo is a pretty decent college football team 
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 1:21 PM #370991

Decent D but the O so so. WILL be a battle!
Back to the top

I hate the fact that Al-Shaair mat be out, but this year we have some pretty good replacements. As for the game, Buffalo will be a serious test. We can win this game if we play defense like we did last night and if we control and protect the ball. This is one of the games that I circled as a win. It feels like the team is starting to gel. A game like last night was very much needed. Dusky....you home from vacation yet ?
Back to the top

fauowl said

walty12 said

People expecting a blow out vs. BCC…I haven't seen anything we have done to think we can put together a complete game.  We will see.  I fully expect this game to go into the 4th quarter…much like the Illinois State game  a few years back.
Posted On: Sep 12th 2017, 5:55 PM #370832
Lucy, you have some splaining to do!!
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 8:40 AM #370981
I was happy to be wrong.  If I was right, I'd be on a shrinks couch this morning.

Guys played great.  Winning this game is like getting out of bed in the morning…it's a start but you still have a full day of work ahead.

Let's see how the Buffalo game goes.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: