Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Buffalo Depth Chart 9-23-17

FAU vs Buffalo Depth Chart 9-23-17
Back to the top

This depth chart tells me that Charlie Partridge did an amazing job recruiting. Giving credit where credit is due.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

This depth chart tells me that Charlie Partridge did an amazing job recruiting. Giving credit where credit is due.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 10:57 AM #371109

That he did! That is something we all can agree on.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 3:11 PM #371110

No we can't.

Lane wouldn't have brought in 15 JUCO players if we were stacked with talent.

We did get some real talented players, but there were to many guys who we just missed on and that what created the bid depth issues.
If you go back and look at the 2015 class you will realize how many of those guys were just busts for whatever reason.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 3:11 PM #371110
No we can't.

Lane wouldn't have brought in 15 JUCO players if we were stacked with talent.

We did get some real talented players, but there were to many guys who we just missed on and that what created the bid depth issues.
If you go back and look at the 2015 class you will realize how many of those guys were just busts for whatever reason.

Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 3:39 PM #371111

You can't win games with a bunch of J'Quan Napier's and Kemar Downer's running around.

Sure Charlie struck gold with guys like Motor, Jalen Young and Chris Tooley, but there were plenty of bad takes especially on the offensive line.
Back to the top

Hi did OK on the HS's for a small program BUT he let HUGE holes develop by not patching with IMMEDIATE need JUCOs. Not a ton, but 5-6 a year would really of helped, especially on BOTH lines! Hell, losing not one but TWO NFL prospect DTs' at same time (ONE AN NFL STARTER NOW!) and counting on HS freshman to fill - at BAMA maybe (5*'s) but NOT at FAU (2 or "maybe" 3*'s) - NO WAY!

By the way, Coley recovered a fumble this past week along with 4 tackles WITH Miles Garrett out! GO MR. COLEY!

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Cleveland-Browns-vs-Baltimore-Ravens-highlights--Week-2/18082a5c-e787-48b2-8653-e3462d4b5568

Near the end of the video, he recovers fumble downfield, returns it 7 yards, is hit from behind and fumbles but it is recovered by Browns!

If ya watch the entire video, prior to the two Ravens short TD passes they tried to run and stuffed by Mr. Coley both times (different drives obviously) and go to quick short passes to score.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Hi did OK on the HS's for a small program BUT he let HUGE holes develop by not patching with IMMEDIATE need JUCOs. Not a ton, but 5-6 a year would really of helped, especially on BOTH lines! Hell, losing not one but TWO NFL prospect DTs' at same time (ONE AN NFL STARTER NOW!) and counting on HS freshman to fill - at BAMA maybe (5*'s) but NOT at FAU (2 or "maybe" 3*'s) - NO WAY!

By the way, Coley recovered a fumble this past week along with 4 tackles WITH Miles Garrett out! GO MR. COLEY!

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Cleveland-Browns-vs-Baltimore-Ravens-highlights--Week-2/18082a5c-e787-48b2-8653-e3462d4b5568

Near the end of the video, he recovers fumble downfield, returns it 7 yards, is hit from behind and fumbles but it is recovered by Browns!

If ya watch the entire video, prior to the two Ravens short TD passes they tried to run and stuffed by Mr. Coley both times (different drives obviously) and go to quick short passes to score.

Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 5:47 PM #371113

Coley was a Pelini guy. It seemed at times like he knew what he was doing. In addition to Coley he recruited Cre'Von LeBlanc, Trey Hendrickson, Lucky Whithead and Brandin Bryant. There were plenty of misses as well though. Grant Flessner anyone?
Back to the top

I personally think there are plenty of recruiting misses by every coach and in every program in the country. Recruiting is not an exact science (not even close).  I think Lane will have misses as well.  I just think the misses are more obvious at G5 schools because the lack of depth can't hide them like the depth can at the P5 level.
Back to the top

And sometimes those recruiting "misses" end up contributing very well at our level.

I think it'll be interesting at say the midpoint of the season when we can assess how these lauded transfers are doing, who panned out and who didn't. Might be interesting topic for the podcast.
Back to the top
Control functions: