Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ Buffalo

sigep77 said

I think Buffalo wins and covers the spread.  We need to establish a strong run game to beat them and I don't think we're there yet.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2017, 4:07 PM #371139

I am not to worried about our running game. That is the strength of the offense. My worries with the offense is I haven't seen consistency with the passing game yet. We seem to only hit big plays from it. But if the running game can continue where it left off last week the big plays might be all we need.

Back to the top

We have better coaches, players are motivated and we have a chance to be .500 for the first time in years. I believe! Owls roll 31- 21 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

… we seem to only hit big plays from it. But if the running game can continue where it left off last week the big plays might be all we need.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2017, 4:21 PM #371141

We have only shown but a portion of our playbook…And don't forget that big plays are supposed to be a strength of this offensive system. 
Back to the top

FAU 27   UB 21. Our kicking game wins this one.
Back to the top

We owe them a loss at their place in a bad way.

I hate that #2 might not be playing…

Looking to see how Parr handles this game.  It will be highly contested and he will have to take command of the offense to win this one.  I'm hoping he is ready.

This game is hhhuuuuuugggggeee for this season and our bowl hopes.

FAU - 27
Buffalo - 17

Please.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

In 2015 we outgained them by 200 yards and had twice as many 1st downs, but we lost because they score 3 times on D.

If we do not have turnovers we win this one going away because of our skill talent.

If Aeez doesn't play our D is still good enough to hold them.

Owls 27- UB 6
Back to the top

Some of you guys need to go to FIU's board and take some lessons on BLIND support of their team.  They are winning the Orange Bowl if their board was your only source of information.
Back to the top

FIU Bravado said

Some of you guys need to go to FIU's board and take some lessons on BLIND support of their team.  They are winning the Orange Bowl if their board was your only source of information.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 9:36 AM #371148

They are not a very smart fan base the fact they can not see Butch is basically and old Ron Turner is beyond me.

He also is going the way of Charlie recruiting by brining in all mid low high school kids and no real upgrades to the roster.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

FIU Bravado said

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 9:36 AM #371148
They are not a very smart fan base the fact they can not see Butch is basically and old Ron Turner is beyond me.

He also is going the way of Charlie recruiting by brining in all mid low high school kids and no real upgrades to the roster.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 9:58 AM #371149
As far as FIU, they are atrocious this year – BUT, they can easily take advantage of a much easier schedule (i.e. swapping IU for Umass at home) and get in the vicinity of bowl eligibility based on the luck of the draw. If you look at their schedule, they could easily start the season 3 - 1 (Rice followed by Charlotte at home) with a very winnable game against UMASS later in the season that would have otherwise been a bodybag game for them at IU. I get the feeling though they do have a bit of jealousy because the Lane train came through Boca and took any spotlight they thought they would have had with Butch away. As far as Butch – this isn't 1997. Deep down they all know that.

Back to our game on Saturday. I see it as a tight back and forth game, but we finally pull this type of game out.

24 - 21 Owls.
Back to the top
Control functions: