Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FAU Owl Trey Rodriguez Leaves Marshall Program

Add topic

Reported by Huntington's Herald-Dispatch, former FAU RB and Daytona Beach product Trey Rodriguez is no longer with the Marshall Thundering Herd.

It is unknown at this time whether he left Marshall on his on terms, or if he was kicked off the team. After starting 2 games earlier this season, he was demoted to back-up RB and special teams returner in the Herd's last game against Kent State. In that game, RS Freshman Tyler King took control of the RB position by gaining 101 yards on 14 carries.

Rodriguez was kicked off of FAU's program due to multiple issues. He showed flashes of great talent, including scoring 2 TD's for the Owls in the 2015 Shula Bowl. He played well in the JuCo ranks and Arizona Western, before he made the move to Huntington, West Virginia this Spring.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Man, he has had a rocky college career. Sounds like he left after being demoted to backup/special teams but who knows.

He definitely has some talent. Happy we're not going to face him.

Best of luck to him. 
Back to the top

Marijuana is a harmless drug.
Back to the top

Once an Owl always an Owl.  Hope things turn around for you Trey, you have too much talent to be heading to your 4th college team.
Back to the top
Control functions: