Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-23-17

Add topic

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-23-17

A pair of conference games being held in the Lone Star State are on Saturday’s schedule for week four.

UAB will make its first trip to North Texas since 1995 as the Blazers return to C-USA play for the first time since defeating Southern Miss in Nov. 2014, their final game before the program’s two-year layoff began.

FIU will visit Rice in a matchup of programs that were displaced due to Hurricanes and had players and staff members affected due to the storms. The Owls finally have their home opener a month after their season began. The Panthers game at Indiana last week was not played due to the impact of Hurricane Irma and their previous game was moved from Miami to Birmingham when UAB assisted FIU.

Saturday afternoon action features a pair of games at Power 5 schools, as Old Dominion meets cross-state rival Virginia Tech for the fi rst time and Louisiana Tech and Skip Holtz visit South carolina, where Skip’s Dad, Lou, finished his coaching career.

The other six matchups are split evenly the Mid-American and Sun Belt, with three games against each league. Two of the MAC games are in C-USA stadiums, with Middle Tennessee hosting Bowling Green and WKU welcoming Ball State.

Florida Atlantic will be looking to keep the offense hot when they visit Buffalo in the other MAC Matchup, while hopeful to get to the .500 mark for the first time since 2013.

Charlotte will have its home opener Saturday night against Georgia State, a team that it defeated in its first game as an FBS member in 2015. A pair of local rivalries take place in the other Sun Belt contests, as UTSA plays less than an hour north at Texas State and UTEP goes an hour northwest to battle New Mexico State.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

ODU at (13) Va. Tech (ACC Net+/ESPN3)   2 pm

LA Tech at South Carolina (SEC Net.)         3:30 pm

Georgia State at Charlotte (WCCB)             6 pm

UAB at North Texas (beIN)                         6:30 pm

FIU at Rice (STAD FB)                                  7 pm

Florida Atlantic at Buffalo (ESPN3)             7 pm

Bowling Green at Middle Tenn. (ESPN3)     7 pm

Ball State at WKU (Stadium)                        7 pm

UTSA at Texas State (ESPN3)                      7:30 pm

UTEP at New Mexico State (ESPN3)           8 pm

Back to the top

ODU having some issues at QB?

17-year-old to start at quarterback for Old Dominion vs. No. 13 Virginia Tech

Should be interesting how this move vs. Virginia Tech works out!
Back to the top

ODU is shaping up to be the biggest bust in CUSA this year. Many had the Monarchs competing for the East division crown. I expect them to get curb stomped in Blacksburg.

I expect UTSA to run up the score on their I-35 rivals from San Marcos.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

ODU is shaping up to be the biggest bust in CUSA this year. Many had the Monarchs competing for the East division crown. I expect them to get curb stomped in Blacksburg.

Down 17-0 at the half. ODU could still make it a game at this point.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Jack D Whidden III said

Down 17-0 at the half. ODU could still make it a game at this point.

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 3:44 PM #371171

And it’s gone 
Back to the top

FINAL

ODU 0  VA Tech 34
Back to the top

I love Wilder as a coach, but they just don't have the personal to make a run for the conference right now. They're lucky that this is looking like a down year for the East.

Back to the top

FINAL

Lousiana Tech 16  South Carolina 17

Heartbreaker for the Bulldogs, as USC knocks in a game-winning FG with just seconds left.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

FINAL

Lousiana Tech 16  South Carolina 17

Heartbreaker for the Bulldogs, as USC knocks in a game-winning FG with just seconds left.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 6:41 PM #371177

:Crying2:
Back to the top

FINALS:

Georgia State 28 at Charlotte 0

UAB 43 at North Texas 46

FIU 13 at Rice

Florida Atlantic 31 at Buffalo 34

Bowling Green 13 at MTSU 24

Ball State 21 at WKU 33

UTSA 44 at Texas State 14
Back to the top