Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-23-17

Add topic

Looking at OUR CUSA schedule as of now;

MTSU not world beaters with STAR starting QB AND WR out - winnable
@ODU not looking good at all, about the same as us - winnable
NT O decent, D bad - winnable
@WKU not world beaters lost too much talent and coaching ability - winnable (but still a loss)
Marshall not world beaters - winnable
@ LT better than us (sure loss)
FIU not good (win)
@UNC-C BAD (win)

So 2 wins, 2 losses and 4 winnable (gotta win 3 of 4 to get to bowl!).

IF WE IMPROVE!!!!!!
Back to the top

MTSU lost their qb again?
Back to the top

Just Stockstill,  cracked sternum…we'll find out soon if he's going to play next weekend. 
Back to the top

Richie James not listed with any receptions vs. Bowling Green yest. I figured that must mean he did not play or got hurt early. usually has 10+/- a game! Or plays QB! :Laughing:
Back to the top

FINAL

UTEP 14  at New Mexico State 41 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Richie James not listed with any receptions vs. Bowling Green yest. I figured that must mean he did not play or got hurt early. usually has 10+/- a game! Or plays QB! :Laughing:
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 9:23 AM #371362

High ankle sprain, DNP. 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

IF WE IMPROVE!!!!!!
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 7:45 AM #371357

Still going to be a tough game next week whether or not their starting qb plays IMO. We learned last night that a backup qb with no experience whatsoever can beat this team. MTSU went up to the dome and beat Syracuse. Not that Syracuse is great, but they are an ACC team with some talent. I do not feel good about next week, at all.
Back to the top

After rushing for a career-high 211 yards and a touchdown to lead North Texas to a 46-43 victory over UAB, North Texas senior RB Jeffery Wilson has been named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week.  The Defensive Player of the Week is being shared by a pair of standouts that scored touchdowns off turnovers to lead their teams to victories in UTSA sophomore LB Josiah Tauaefa and WKU senior DB Joe Brown.  Special Teams Player of the Week honors went to North Texas senior K Trevor Moore, who had four field goals, including the game-winner with seven seconds remaining vs. UAB.  C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

IF WE IMPROVE!!!!!!

Still going to be a tough game next week whether or not their starting qb plays IMO. We learned last night that a backup qb with no experience whatsoever can beat this team. MTSU went up to the dome and beat Syracuse. Not that Syracuse is great, but they are an ACC team with some talent. I do not feel good about next week, at all.

Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 9:28 AM #371365

Agree.  We play the same type of game we have played so far this season…I'll be drinking a lot of gatorade on Sunday monring to wash down a few advil.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

@ODU not looking good at all, about the same as us - winnable

They lost RB Ray Lawry and WR Jonathan Duhart, that's two HUGE blows to their offense.

If we don't win this game, time to for oc40 to do what he does best.

Back to the top
Control functions: