Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

AustinFromUNT said

Hey everyone, I am just dropping by to give y’all some information about UNT. Our fan forum is: gomeangreen.com. We also have a couple guys who do podcasts: meangreennation.com and on Wednesday the guys on gomeangreen do a barbershop podcast. I’m looking forward to watching us beat the Fighting Lane Kiffins this Saturday and hopefully there are no injuries for either team. :-)
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 9:06 AM #371858
It's mister rat poison himself!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

When some shmuck on GMG says TON is a ghost town, despite the two websites having the same amount of posts so far today.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

It will be a very good game this Saturday, and it looks like a very wet day for the game. Forecast has rain scheduled for most of the day, but it could change. I expect us to start fast.
Back to the top

What do you guys predict the attendance will be? I hope more than last game but I checked ticketmaster and there aren't too many seats that have been bought. 
Back to the top

Hello.

So we got the FAU fightin' Kiffins this week.

Your strength on O is running the ball I see. Our strength on D is stopping the run.

Your strength on D is pass D. Our strength on O is everything as we're averaging 500 yards of offense a game.

If FAU can pass for well above their average, this will be a competitive game. If not, we will shore up the run and steadily pull away throughout the game. UTSA stifled the best running back in the conference, Jeff Wilson, to 83 yards on 16 attempts. Look for him to bounce back vs a suspect rush defense. I think we'll go for less than our yearly average in points and yards in this one, but we will be balanced at 200 pass and 200 rush and win the game 34-24.
Back to the top

When did we become the Fightin Kiffins
 :Thinking:

Doesn't have a good ring to it.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Hello.

Your strength on O is running the ball I see. Our strength on D is stopping the run.

Your strength on D is pass D. Our strength on O is everything as we're averaging 500 yards of offense a game.

If FAU can pass for well above their average, this will be a competitive game. If not, we will shore up the run and steadily pull away throughout the game. UTSA stifled the best running back in the conference, Jeff Wilson, to 83 yards on 16 attempts. Look for him to bounce back vs a suspect rush defense. I think we'll go for less than our yearly average in points and yards in this one, but we will be balanced at 200 pass and 200 rush and win the game 34-24.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:13 AM #371864

My favorite quote is "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". Now of course im not attempting to sound aggressive at all but im sure you took into account that the "nice/kind green" haven't played a team with the hurry up tempo like ours.  It is great to go to the games and see how tired the other team gets and how they all have their hands on their hips by the 2nd quarter.  

I'm excited to see a much closer game against a great opponent but I hope you enjoy Devin singletary having another 100+ yards on your tired defense.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Hello.

Mtsu strength was their run defense too. 
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

untalum14 said

Hello.

My favorite quote is "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". Now of course im not attempting to sound aggressive at all but im sure you took into account that the "nice/kind green" haven't played a team with the hurry up tempo like ours.  It is great to go to the games and see how tired the other team gets and how they all have their hands on their hips by the 2nd quarter.  

I'm excited to see a much closer game against a great opponent but I hope you enjoy Devin singletary having another 100+ yards on your tired defense.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:30 AM #371866

We've played SMUg. Though we didn't win that game, their tempo had nothing to do with it. They beat us by going yard with their future 1st round draft pick WR, Courtland Sutton, 4 times. Their tempo, though as good as theirs is, had no effect on us. They tried, we stymied it, but they just kept chunking it to him. Unless you guys have his clone down there in South Florida, I'm not overly worried. We have a very good front that rotates with complimentary guys. They are not overly big, but they slant and stunt and shift and we have exotic blitz packages that play into stopping the run. Your offense will be playing into our strength. Kiffin knows this and I am sure has planned accordingly during FAU's bye week. I expect to see a lot of bye week shenanigans, i.e. Window dressing, motions, shifts, misdirections. You know, bye week kind of stuff. I know Kiffin is drawing up plays to hit backs coming out of the backfield. That has proven to be our Achilles heel. We had Iowa on the ropes in the 2nd half and they hit us with a couple of those and it broke our back. UAB took notice and did the exact same thing. UTSA saw it and punched us with it for long ones twice. I am sure Kiffin is drawing up ways to do it as well. The play kept UTSA in the game and it allowed Iowa to beat us.

I am not calling for an auto win. It's not easy going on the road to win, especially all the way down there. But all things equal, I really like our chances.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

Hello.

Mtsu strength was their run defense too. 
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:44 AM #371867

MTSU has arguably the best QB in the conference….He didn't play. You can pack that up and go home with that one.
Back to the top
Control functions: