Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

Everybody in CUSA: Middle Tennessee has the best run defense in the conference. Old Dominion has the best D-Line in the conference. UNT shuts down RBs.

Us: Haaaaaaave you met Motor?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I don't think we'll shut down the run game for FAU

I think it's gonna be a shootout with a final score of like 45-46 either way. The trick here is that FAU has a better secondary than San Antonio Community College, so I think we'll see less of Mason Fine, and more of Jeff Wilson and Nic Smith.

Either way I hope it's an exciting game. I think if UNT wants to win this they have to jump out to an early lead and make FAU throw more. Whether or not that actually happens is a different question.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

untalum14 said

LOL said

When UNT fans say they’ll hold Motor, Buddy, and company to less than 100 yards.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:03 PM #371894

No one is saying FAU will be held under 100 yards as a team. That's nonsensical. But only 1 back has eclipsed 100 yards on UNT's D, and that was Ito Smith of Southern Miss (102 yards).

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:53 PM #371898

1. Ito only ran the ball 13 times against UNT.

2. We're going to run the ball 50+ times. With more than half going to the #8 rusher in the nation. Y'all going to have a solid day passing on us, and Motor will get over 100 yards. That's just how this one is going to go.

4. We're going to get over 350 yards passing?  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  Now that's a good one!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 10:55 PM #371909

Last I checked, UNT had the better rusher in Jeffrey Wilson who has 749 yards on 109 carries to Singletary's 686 yards on 106 carries. Ranked 12th and 17th respectively.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

untalum14 said

And your stadium, though it sits in a beautiful place, is high school-ish. Reminds me of MTSU's. Giant bleacher seating with metal handrails all over the place.

??? Apogee has both those things. Metal handrails make sense for safety reasons so that's irrelevant.

I believe the root of your misunderstanding is confusion about the stadiums of FAU (us) vs FIU.

This is ours, with all chairback seating, mini beach, an open air deck and a view of the ocean:

But FIU and MTSU have similar layouts:

This is FIU:

This is MTSU:

Actually IIRC the above design is something FIU would like to expand to someday, should the need arise.
Posted On: Oct 18th 2017, 12:21 AM #371913

This, my friends, is how you school someone.
Thank you Professor Owl2Doc!
Back to the top

Thanks for posting pics of the stadiums in question. While Apogee is new as well, it is STILL PREDOMINATELY BENCH SEATING!

New and nice (do like the brick) but WHAT IS UP WITH THAT END ZONE SEATING SECTION, JUST LOOKS GOOFY TO ME, AND MAN ARE THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP FAR OFF FROM THE FIELD!
Back to the top

Apogee and FAU stadium opened the same year, while both teams were in the SBC. I for one love Apogee, including their funky end zone setting, which is shaped like the wings atop their eagle logo.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Though I think I was referring to FIU's after all, FAU's still looks like roll up bleachers on wheels. Whereas Apogee sits on concrete encompassed by nice brick work. FAU sits in a nicer location by default…The beach. Apogee is a nicer facility. And Denton is more than likely the superior college town.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We've beaten FAU 4 times in a row. I like our chances to make it 5.

#GMG
Back to the top

Yea , you're right. AnnArbor, Gainseville, Columbus, College Station, State College, and then there is Denton.  Dude, your pushing it on that one. The one and only thing I wish we had in our stadium that you have in yours is a sponsor.Other than that…..I'll stick with what we have.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Though I think I was referring to FIU's after all, FAU's still looks like roll up bleachers on wheels. Whereas Apogee sits on concrete encompassed by nice brick work. FAU sits in a nicer location by default…The beach. Apogee is a nicer facility. And Denton is more than likely the superior college town.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We've beaten FAU 4 times in a row. I like our chances to make it 5.

#GMG

Posted On: Oct 18th 2017, 3:25 PM #371921

Who cares?  You never been to our stadium and we haven't been to yours.  The reality is we like ours and you like yours.  Both stadiums are light years ahead of anything we played in before we got our stadiums.

People down here LOVED the Orange Bowl.  Fact of the matter the place was a complete dump.  Its the memories you like about a stadium.  Good luck Saturday we are going to trounce you.
Back to the top

I have been to both, prefer ours but I don’t sit in the visitors section at home, it’s a tough comparison. 

We have a chick fil a in our visitors section so if that’s not hospitality I don’t know what is! 
Back to the top
Control functions: