Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions - FAU vs North Texas - Oct 21, 2017

Guest_Eagle said

Rick said

Guest_Eagle said

We…are the clear favorite to win CUSA.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 3:01 PM #371946
I think you should check the latest numbers.

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 3:22 PM #371956

All the numbers indicate that we are the clear favorite. You all have a much tougher path to the championship game.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2017, 12:20 PM #371978

Are those the same numbers showing your better losses too? 
Back to the top

The numbers that matter will be the points for and points against in this game.  No need to look at the future path - both teams need to win this game to make the next game be as meaningful. Then win that game to make the next, and so on.  I'd side with Rick on this one, and if I look at any specific metric it will be the point spread (do you know how close to right those guys are on 90%+ of the games???).

What is the latest line on the game?
Back to the top

owlsdad said

The numbers that matter will be the points for and points against in this game.  No need to look at the future path - both teams need to win this game to make the next game be as meaningful. Then win that game to make the next, and so on.  I'd side with Rick on this one, and if I look at any specific metric it will be the point spread (do you know how close to right those guys are on 90%+ of the games???).

What is the latest line on the game?
Posted On: Oct 20th 2017, 1:03 PM #371980

FAU -3.5
Back to the top

According to NOAA weather (most acurate), it will be pretty windy with some gusts up to 25 mph tomorrow evening.  I predict this will have a significant impact on UNT's passing game and will provide FAU with at least one interception.  

I believe its going to come down to the trenches due to weather and who ever wins that battle will win the game.

Therefore FAU 42 UNT 0

#disrespect to UNT
Back to the top

Winds from the North East. Closed end of the stadium. Won't hurt passing too much. That being said..FAU 45  UNT 0. #Toataldisrespect
Back to the top

Guest_Eagle said

DeltAlumnus said

Of course we can't have a big home game without 90% chance of rain with thunderstorms currently in the forecast.

I am looking forward to hearing all the UNT fan's predictions telling me how good the run defense is, and Motor & Buddy aren't that good.

I was thinking this game was a coin flip going into the game, and even more so with the rain.

If the bad weather hits I think that may gave a slight edge to the Owls mainly due to the defenses ability to cause turnovers -

2017 T/O margin
FAU is +6
UNT is -4

I think that is a key stat many UNT fans have failed to mention in the discussion leading up to the game.

UNT out gains FAU, but the owls cause 3 turnovers.

Owls win 34-30

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 10:15 AM #371927

Nobody has mentioned it because it's a spurious and inflated stat. 4 of your turnovers were INTs from ODU's terrible freshman QB that currently has a sub 50% completion percentage. 3 more came off of Stockstill's backup, who has thrown TEN INTs this year. I think maybe you're reading too deeply into that stat.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 2:27 PM #371936

That's not how stats work lol.

Back to the top

We got this – the week off preparation with a top notch coaching staff will be huge. The Iglets are coming off their "emotional" come back win against San Antonio. They will come out flat IMO. The weather conditions will be huge with the running game. As already stated, we are the more talented team overall and the team is now just starting to mesh. Vegas has the right winner here.

FAU 35
UNT 17
Back to the top

I did not post a guess, just thought the game would be a battle....glad it was not though - GO OWLS, KEEP IT UP!
Back to the top

Guest_Eagle said

DeltAlumnus said

Guest_Eagle said

Rick said

I'm probably going to get heat for saying this, but it is was it is…

Stats aside, we are a better team - that's just reality.

If it wasn't Vegas would not have opened with a -6.5 line for the Owls.

They aren't in business to lose money.

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 2:46 PM #371942
All due respect to the turnaround happening for y'all, but this is not true by any stretch of even the most imaginative imaginations. We are statistically better, have significantly stronger wins and losses, and are the clear favorite to win CUSA. I get being a homer, but this is just way out there.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 3:01 PM #371946
Explain to me what a stronger loss is?

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 3:06 PM #371949

Sure. We have played stronger opponents and our losses are of a much higher quality. We lost to better opponents and in closer fashion than you did your lesser opponents. Winconsin is a great team but you barely put up a fight against them.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 3:11 PM #371951

Looks like you have another "strong" loss to tack on to that record of yours.
Back to the top
Control functions: