Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

Local Owl said

Why do I feel like we are playing the Canes or FIU this week. This back and forth with guys from North Dallas is getting old. Lets just sit back and watch our "shady" team kick some green butt. PS…Michigan State is the real Mean Green.  
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 4:55 PM #371966

Woah woah woah…… Do not even go there with the MSU crap.
Back to the top

I knew it wouldn't last,  now the fangs are out on both sides :Laughing:
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Why do I feel like we are playing the Canes or FIU this week. This back and forth with guys from North Dallas is getting old. Lets just sit back and watch our "shady" team kick some green butt. PS…Michigan State is the real Mean Green.

Because its a conference rival games between to undefeated in conference division leaders.  This is what we haven't had in about 10 years.
Back to the top

GreenEagle1 said

This is the explosive I was talking about!

And even then, everyone talks about how great Motor is….. Jeffrey Wilson has better numbers than he does and that is in a pass heavy offense.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 4:35 PM #371963

Bro, absolutely no offense – but I hope you didn't attend UNT and are just a fan. Your previous post would be a terrible reflection on the school's ability to develop reading comprehension skills (jkg). :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Because said

Local Owl said

Because its a conference rival games between to undefeated in conference division leaders.  This is what we haven't had in about 10 years.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 5:15 PM #371969

This is all very refreshing! We have a truly relevant "big game" with what is now a real conference rival on homecoming. Other than with Kitty fans, I cannot recall it happening much here, if at all. I'll take it!
Back to the top

d-owl said

Because said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 5:15 PM #371969
This is all very refreshing! We have a truly relevant "big game" with what is now a real conference rival on homecoming. Other than with Kitty fans, I cannot recall it happening much here, if at all. I'll take it!

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 6:08 PM #371971

Troy
Back to the top

Like D-Owl said, I'm happy to see some spark back in this board, its been a long couple years.  With the game implications, good smack talk, and weather this feels like some kind of football movie build up.

It will be interesting to see how Woods fits in with the offense, but of course thats all dependent on the weather.  To confirm for the UNT guys, none of us believe we have an explosive passing offense.  I have a feeling this is going to be a brutal game for both sides with a lot of grinding running.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

D. McNeal, H. Bryant, K. Woods, K. Salomon, W. Wright, J. Franklin…

Maybe we should let K. Briles unleash his air raid offense this weekend and use our RBs for short yard conversions (which may as well turn into 20-40 yards runs)…

Don't mind me y'all I'm just super excited for tomorrow's game.

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

I think we have a ton of talent both at WR and at RB, but I'd point out that Briles/Baylor were not an "air-raid" program.  Even with Robert Griffin III, they generally only threw the ball 25 or so times a game.  They want to go up-tempo, but they really want to kill you with the run.  I remember them beating UNC in a bowl game a couple of years ago where they had something like 600 yards offense and threw the ball like 10 times.

That being said, I'd definitely like to see these WRs get the opportunity to make some plays (having the ball in the hands of players like McNeal and Franklin or hitting Wright in-stride down the field is going to result in something good more times than not).  Will this be the game we see at least some shots being taken downfield?  I think the game will dictate it, but hard to argue with the success on offense in the past couple of games.
Back to the top

Mark my words…we have all gotten comfortable watching run run run. Briles knows what he has in the WR department. He will soon open it up. Quite possibly Saturday. Driskel isn't the greatest passer. But he is good enough .
Back to the top
Control functions: