Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

Local Owl said

Mark my words…we have all gotten comfortable watching run run run. Briles knows what he has in the WR department. He will soon open it up. Quite possibly Saturday. Driskel isn't the greatest passer. But he is good enough .
Posted On: Oct 20th 2017, 5:41 PM #371985

+1

I REALLY Hope we air it out, with Driskel showing some Graham Wilbert style improvement!

All FAU feelings aside, that is still the BEST turnaround I have EVER seen by a starting QB for any program.

#GoOwls!

:cool:
Back to the top

caught a couple of the local forecast on TV. looks like weather is improving for tomorrow.
Back to the top

Wilbert was a complete offseason lobotomy, there should be an award for that kind of turnaround.

I sure hope Driskell finds his groove and starts slinging it this weekend. Too many weapons out there now
Back to the top

Part of his problem is we run block well but no nearly as good at pass protection. Hope the extra week of prep helped the Coaches and players work on what NTU does in its blitzes, they are good at pressure.
Back to the top

Regarding the pass blocking (and what has appeared to be a QB who just doesn't look comfortable letting the ball go deep), with the RBs and the WRs we have, slant passes and "quick hitters" would seem like a no-brainer.  Getting these guys the ball quickly and letting them make something happen would seem to open everything up.  Not the slow-developing bubble screens - I am talking the 1 to 3 step drop, hit the stud WR in stride 5 to 7 yards downfield and see what he can do.

Of course we are all HOF coaches and are undefeated from the stands - so easier said than done.  But I'd love to see McNeal, Franklin, etc. make life better for our run game by having some easy throws to those guys.  And I can almost guarantee that at some point today, one or both teams will throw the equivalent of a TE "dump" pass where there will be a TE as WIDE OPEN as you can get right down the middle of the field for a 20-yard or more gain.  Happens in almost every game I watch at every level, but for whatever reason only is done once or twice.
Back to the top

We're just moments away from kickoff here at Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium! So far the weather has been fine, with only a few clouds and a nice breeze. Here's to clear skies for homecoming!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We're underway from FAU Stadium

Back to the top

Best run defense in the conference!

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Owls score on their first drive TD of the game! So much for that run defense. UNT about to learn how special Motor is, just like MTSU did!

Back to the top

Owls take over at midfield after shutting the Mean Green down!

Back to the top
Control functions: