Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

That was a huge impressive performance by the team and the staff tonight. a couple years ago this is a game we would have lost, but you bring in the right people and this is the result. Great job by the players and staff for not letting the bye week get to them. Congrats to Motor for becoming the all time leader in TD's in a season. Congrats to the defense who continues to be ball hawks, congrats to offense for putting up huge numbers but lets move on quickly and start focusing on WKU. The next two critical test are coming up.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

And for anyone to be critical of Apogee Stadium is damn foolish. Or Denton for that matter.

And your stadium, though it sits in a beautiful place, is high school-ish. Reminds me of MTSU's. Giant bleacher seating with metal handrails all over the place.

Glory to the Green!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 11:32 PM #371911

I just looked at Apogee stadium. Unless those aren't updated pictures, they only have bleacher seating with no chair backs. What in the world is he talking about? I guess all high school stadiums have something like the Hyundai Deck with a full bar.  :Laughing:

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

untalum14 said

And for anyone to be critical of Apogee Stadium is damn foolish. Or Denton for that matter.

And your stadium, though it sits in a beautiful place, is high school-ish. Reminds me of MTSU's. Giant bleacher seating with metal handrails all over the place.

Glory to the Green!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 11:32 PM #371911

I just looked at Apogee stadium. Unless those aren't updated pictures, they only have bleacher seating with no chair backs. What in the world is he talking about? I guess all high school stadiums have something like the Hyundai Deck with a full bar.  :Laughing:
Posted On: Oct 21st 2017, 9:56 PM #372065

BUT NICE BRICKWORK! LIKE THEIR TEAM TONIGHT, LAYING A BRICK!
Back to the top

UNT_CawCaw said

StPeteOwl said

TURNOVERS … Puttin' it on tape!

FAU #15 (Tied) in the Country @ +6
UNT #103 (Tied) in the Country @ -4
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 4:38 PM #371879
If you take away the 4 INTs against a 17 year old high school kid with a 42% completion rate

And the 3 from Urza (10int/5 TD on the year)

You're sitting at -1 in your turnover ratio. I wouldn't get too crazy about that one stat.

Posted On: Oct 19th 2017, 12:50 PM #371929

If you take away the 4 ints against ODU and take away the 3 ints from MTSU and you take away the 2 INT's from UNT we are -1 in turnover ratio.  LMAO.
Back to the top

And the took a HUGE risk letting Fine pad his (and the teams) numbers vs. our 2's and 3's on D!
Back to the top

That was one impressive game ladies and gentlemen (and yes Dusky, the best one I've seen at FAU Stadium - didn't watch before).

FAU had this game in hand from the first minute and the outcome was never in doubt.  I'm truly amazed and impressed by what Kiffin and staff have done.  Each week they have improved.

Truly enjoying every moment of this season and proud of the team.

Anyone up for the watch party next weekend at Hooters?  How big is the Marshall game?

Each game is huge once you start winning and are chasing the conference championship.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

The C-USA twitter sphere doesn’t enjoy FAU having success 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

The C-USA twitter sphere doesn’t enjoy FAU having success 
Posted On: Oct 21st 2017, 10:46 PM #372075

you know what I say to those folks.

Satisfied Customer GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Some NICE National news on last nights drubbing of NT;

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/21/16515222/lane-kiffin-fau-north-texas-box-score-omg-so-much-blood

The schedule gets tougher from here not tjhe next three weeks; @ WKU, home Marshall and @ La. Tech. All are winnable IF the Coaches keep our young men's minds focused and early success does not go to their heads. We are NOT sneaking up on anyone anymore with this type of success. Then we finish home FIU and @ UNC-Charlotte

Go Owls - CONGRATS BUT STAY FOCUSED - not just on becoming Bowl eligible, but the CUSA conference title is in your reach AT HOME!!!
Back to the top

Love Kiffen's come to #thefaU
Back to the top
Control functions: