Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Oh  Stop it said

GeorgiaOwl said

And I still believe (as I have from day 1 of the stadium) that our ticket prices are WAY too high. We are paying $58 (PLUS FEES and PARKING) for the Marshall game and there are of course much HIGHER ticket prices.

Too much for what has been a VERY BAD PRODUCT for nearly 10 years!

DROP em til we get good enough to sell out the high priced home/midfield sections and THEN raise em with demand!!!!

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 12:17 PM #372103

Tickets start at $12.  There is no requirement to sit in the Hyundai Deck.  Most premium sections are expensive at all stadiums.
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 2:02 PM #372109

I agree every stadium has it "premium" seating and prices, I just think we need to lower ours to FILL THE SEATS!!!! Our home "red" section has always been a joke to me 2/3 empty with the exception of UM and Navy and the opening WKU game how many years ago.

FAU football has not been a premium products. And the $12 ticks are NOT great seats - end zone, YOU gonna buy those tickets??? Reduce ticket prices for kid's (under 12 free, MS & HS students $10 tops) and midfield seats across from tower need to be way cheaper to fill those seats - we look awful on TV - NT game attendance looked GOD awful!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 2:59 PM #372114

20 something on the visitor side.  Pricing not the issue.  Who cares what it looks like most people sit on home side.  Free free free is all you boast.

Back to the top

Mr Giveaway said

GeorgiaOwl said

Oh  Stop it said

GeorgiaOwl said

And I still believe (as I have from day 1 of the stadium) that our ticket prices are WAY too high. We are paying $58 (PLUS FEES and PARKING) for the Marshall game and there are of course much HIGHER ticket prices.

Too much for what has been a VERY BAD PRODUCT for nearly 10 years!

DROP em til we get good enough to sell out the high priced home/midfield sections and THEN raise em with demand!!!!

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 12:17 PM #372103

Tickets start at $12.  There is no requirement to sit in the Hyundai Deck.  Most premium sections are expensive at all stadiums.
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 2:02 PM #372109

I agree every stadium has it "premium" seating and prices, I just think we need to lower ours to FILL THE SEATS!!!! Our home "red" section has always been a joke to me 2/3 empty with the exception of UM and Navy and the opening WKU game how many years ago.

FAU football has not been a premium products. And the $12 ticks are NOT great seats - end zone, YOU gonna buy those tickets??? Reduce ticket prices for kid's (under 12 free, MS & HS students $10 tops) and midfield seats across from tower need to be way cheaper to fill those seats - we look awful on TV - NT game attendance looked GOD awful!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 2:59 PM #372114

20 something on the visitor side.  Pricing not the issue.  Who cares what it looks like most people sit on home side.  Free free free is all you boast.

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 3:43 PM #372116

????

Only said free for 12 and under guy!

And to many across the country they see empty seats. Getting those seats filled to pay for the stadium is also very important. And Atlantic side $25-$38 at the gate.

Glad ya like the end zone seats, not questioning that, just want us to sell more seats NOW while demand still very soft obviously! Team has top notch famous Coach and staff now, team is winning BIG TIME now, but seats still empty so far…
Back to the top

The reason we have lower attendance has little to nothing to do with ticket prices. Compared to the big boys, we are a great deal. If you want to minimize cost , buy the lesser priced seats. If price isn't an issue, buy a box. FAU just needs more time as a winner to develop a larger fan base. Lane has this program going in the right direction. Well worth the investment.
Back to the top

Speaking of Coach K and our Coaching situation, I remember back a few years when Partridge was hired someone on here HIGHLY recommended THIS guy for the job;

Georgia Southern fires head coach Tyson Summers
Back to the top

That butt whooping so bad, i actually felt bad for UNT… W that said 2 things coulda made the night better. A defensive TD and double the attendance.

I was hoping to hear from the UNT folks that were posting on here… Oh well!

WE'RE ON TO WKU!!!!
GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I mentioned this as well last night - 69 points without a defensive or special teams score is amazing.
Back to the top

I am not complaining about the pricing or the location of my family's seats. We love our seats. Three seats and the parking passes for about 200 dollars. We sit in the Northwest corner of the endzone and our seats our great. Does the consistent losing hurt attendance absolutely, but FAU is failing right now to take advantage of the momentum and the coaching staff is producing, but they are probably waiting and seeing how the rest of the season goes, but that is a guess. i myself would like to see maybe the department spend the cash and do TV commerical's along with their social media campaigns and radio as well. but that is me.
Back to the top

I agree with @usmcowl.  My daughter was deciding between FAU and FSU.  I looked at both to see what 4 tickets and parking was going to cost me for football.  She chose FAU and we have great seats and park in the Silver lot for $1260.  I would have gone into a near ponzi-scheme, points system with FSU and had terrible seats in the corner of the end zone and had to park about a mile away given my "new status" with them - all for the bargain price of about $3200.

I am different, in that I would have paid that (just like I gladly paid for FAU seats/parking) because my daughter and I are football junkies and love tailgating and the games.  But right now FAU doesn't need to try and work hard to get me, they need to work hard to fill as many seats as possible.  To do that, you need to have a good team (we are on our way) and do some serious local marketing, giveaways, etc.

And think how mad I would be right now had I shelled out over $3 grand to watch the Seminoles this season!
Back to the top

IMO the attendance issue is all of these things mentioned; it really depends on the individual. Ask 20 different people, students or otherwise, why they don't attend more games and you may get 20 different answers.

The thing that really bothers me is the approach to Homecoming. As a student I was on the Homecoming committee and the feeling I got from the other organizers on staff was that Homecoming, despite the name, is essentially a pride/competition week for the current students… which is weird because the whole point of Homecoming is to reconnect alumni with the school so that alumni and current students come together for events.

As an aside, are they not calling it "Owl Prowl" anymore? The Homecoming website just calls it Homecoming. Google search for Owl Prowl shows last time was 2014?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

IMO the attendance issue is all of these things mentioned; it really depends on the individual. Ask 20 different people, students or otherwise, why they don't attend more games and you may get 20 different answers.

The thing that really bothers me is the approach to Homecoming. As a student I was on the Homecoming committee and the feeling I got from the other organizers on staff was that Homecoming, despite the name, is essentially a pride/competition week for the current students… which is weird because the whole point of Homecoming is to reconnect alumni with the school so that alumni and current students come together for events.

As an aside, are they not calling it "Owl Prowl" anymore? The Homecoming website just calls it Homecoming. Google search for Owl Prowl shows last time was 2014?
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2017, 6:24 AM #372127

You make a great point re: alumni. As someone who was involved in alumni/giving as a student (and shortly thereafter), I am disappointed at the lack of outreach I see from the school. Therefore your comments about homecoming are not surprising.  Granted I may not be the most proactive alum (doesn't help that I am in NY), but when I compare FAU's efforts to the other institution I attended after graduating from FAU, it's really subpar IMO. Most FAU alum were commuter students and didn't take away much from their FAU experience other than going to class in between jobs and finally getting a degree – I get that. However, the alumni base is so big the school should be able to have good outreach efforts to get more interest the program. Regardless, if the team keeps winning, fans will start coming out more consistently – you would have to think.
Back to the top
Control functions: