Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ WKU Game Thread - October 28, 2017

Add topic

FAU @ Western Kentucky Game Thread - October 28, 2017

The Matchup: FAU (4-3, 3-0 C-USA) vs. Western Kentucky (5-2, 3-1 C-USA)

When: Saturday, October 28th, 4:30 PM

Where: Smith Stadium

Weather: Current conditions at Smith Stadium

The Series: The Owls lead 5-3 but lost last year's contest 52-3 in Boca Raton.

Hilltopper Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: Stadium, WTCN My15

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: TBA

Back to the top

Great stretch of games coming up. I certainly believe this is going to be a bowl-eligible team, but what bowl game that will be has a good chance of being decided with these next 2 games. Limp-in as a middle of the pack conference team with 6 wins, or fly in high as a top CUSA team with possibly 8 wins. Keep playing like they did last night and the latter is very much possible. 
Back to the top

Each game gets bigger and bigger once you start winning and working towards that conference championship.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

FAU opens as 8 point favorites on the road at WKU.

(let that sink in)

Go Owls!

:cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

(let that sink in)

Go Owls!

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 7:31 PM #372121

Wow!

I mean - WOW!!!
Back to the top

Rick said

(let that sink in)

Go Owls!

I'll take the under.
 :JC_stupid:
Back to the top

I think defensively we are better than WKU should be this year. They have had trouble with teams like ODU, Ball State, and La Tech. Offensively they can still put up points when they need to, but they have had their struggles as well. Looking at this, us and Marshall are probably the toughest opponets left on their schedule this year, and I am not counting Vanderbilt in that because that game might be a toss up.
Back to the top

Their fans are saying they have a pretty suspect run defense so it could be another big day for Motor, Howell, Driskel, Franklin...
Back to the top

Rick said

(let that sink in)

Go Owls!

I don't even know who we are anymore lol.
Back to the top

WKU Head Coach Mike Sanford on The Owls during his Monday Presser…

"We’re a team that has found a way to win games, and we have to continue to do so against the hottest team in Conference USA and one of the hottest teams in college football, FAU coming to town. When I watch these guys on
tape, I see some similarity with Coach Kiffin’s offense; I was at Stanford when he was at USC. He has done a great job of putting his staff together.

Really, their offense has fingerprints of Coach Briles at Baylor all over their offense. It’s exactly what I’ve studied looking at Baylor’s offense. All of us offensive coaches all over the country over the past six years studied Baylor, just getting as much film as possible and find out what they did to score 69 points with 807 yards of total offense like FAU did last week.

And then defensively, Chris Kiffin - when Ole Miss was really humming he was a great d-line coach there. He’s a great recruiter and they have a lot of similarities to that “shark” defense at Ole Miss that created a ton of takeaways. Coach Kiffin has put a lot of brain power over there, Art Briles is definitely checking in on his son over there with that offense being installed. And defensively Chris Kiffin and Monte Kiffin - one of the greatest defensive head coaches of all time - he’s definitely hanging around.

There’s a lot of brainpower over there in Boca Raton, so we have to play our best football. This is a championship week, and we’re going in as underdogs here at Feix Field. We’re going to need every single one of the Hilltopper fans, students, anybody within six hours who wants to come watch a great football game; come here and let’s pack The Houch.

It’s going to be a great challenge for us, we’re going to be tested mightily against a team that’s moving the ball at will on everybody in our conference.”
Back to the top
Control functions: