Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-4-17

Add topic

FINAL:

Southern Miss 10  Tennessee 24

The Golden Eagles put up a decent effort against a beat up Volunteer squad.
Back to the top

I hate to sound like a coach but lets take care of each game, one at a time. I want to win the conference and FIU will be a huge part of that. But that is two games away. Love seeing local kid Thomas Owen tearing it up for FIU. He got ZERO catches vs FAU the last time they played in Boca. UNT played LTU tough. We need to do the same. I can't believe FAU is looking for its sixth straight win. The Kiffen Effect has FAU thinking, "Role Damn Owls".
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I hate to sound like a coach but lets take care of each game, one at a time. I want to win the conference and FIU will be a huge part of that. But that is two games away. Love seeing local kid Thomas Owen tearing it up for FIU. He got ZERO catches vs FAU the last time they played in Boca. UNT played LTU tough. We need to do the same. I can't believe FAU is looking for its sixth straight win. The Kiffen Effect has FAU thinking, "Role Damn Owls".
Posted On: Nov 5th 2017, 6:26 AM #372802

Yeah, would hate to have a letdown next week looking ahead. Don't think it'll happen though - these players appear locked in.
Back to the top

I agree d-owl. We have the correct leaders in place to prevent a let down. Dang I wish we had beaten Buffalo.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I agree d-owl. We have the correct leaders in place to prevent a let down. Dang I wish we had beaten Buffalo.

Posted On: Nov 5th 2017, 9:58 AM #372806

That Buffalo loss was a valuable lesson.  It changed the way the team prepares, how they view each game and it has paid off dividends ever since.  It showed them how quickly things can go bad when they don't prepare properly.  Rather have lost that game than any of our conference games.
Back to the top

Absolutely !
Back to the top

FAU takes 2-of-3 player of the week awards!

After rushing for more than 200 yards for the second straight and scoring a pair of touchdowns in a 30-25 victory over Marshall, Florida Atlantic sophomore RB Devin “Motor” Singletary has been named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week.

The Defensive Player of the Week goes to Florida Atlantic junior S Jalen Young, who tied the school record and became just the 11th player in C-USA history to have three interceptions in a game.

Special Teams honors were given to UAB sophomore K Nick Vogel, who scored 10 points in a win over Rice and recorded seven touchbacks on nine kickoffs.  C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top
Control functions: