Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

FAU with their largest nod so far...open at - 14.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU with their largest nod so far…open at - 14.
Posted On: Nov 13th 2017, 8:44 AM #373270

It might go up.  If any money gets laid early it will probably be on us even giving the 14 points.  FIU is a good turnaround story, too.  But outside of catching Marshall looking forward to their game with us, I see some pretty close games with some not-so-good teams on their schedule so far.
Back to the top

This is more than just any old game. This is personal.

Here is FAU legend and current New Orleans Saint Trey Hendrickson after last season's gut-wrenching loss at FIU.

You can hear the pain in his voice, and see the anger in his expressions.

FAU football alums are already tweeting about this season's bout, about how FIU ripped our helmet off the Shula Bowl Award and threw it in the trash. Better believe they're contacting the players directly to ensure that their message is sent: force them to respect you.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I won 2 tickets to the game via a twitter contest. I have 2 more friends (alumni) that finally decided to jump on the Lane train (gee, i wonder why)...
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

This is more than just any old game. This is personal.

Here is FAU legend and current New Orleans Saint Trey Hendrickson after last season's gut-wrenching loss at FIU.

You can hear the pain in his voice, and see the anger in his expressions.

FAU football alums are already tweeting about this season's bout, about how FIU ripped our helmet off the Shula Bowl Award and threw it in the trash. Better believe they're contacting the players directly to ensure that their message is sent: force them to respect you.
Posted On: Nov 13th 2017, 2:41 PM #373288

I know the players liked Coach Partridge a lot, but this one reason why I'm so glad we made the change - it's tough to watch the guys playing for your school having to have these interviews.
Back to the top

Man, we need to concentrate on the game and not things we have no control of.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Man, we need to concentrate on the game and not things we have no control of.
Posted On: Nov 13th 2017, 6:37 PM #373309

We aren’t playing or coaching so we can have fun and discuss anything.  Point spreads, beating the crap out of the kitties, conference championships, bowl games, Kiffin’s tenure, it’s all open for discussion on a message board.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I will be there with a friend.
I don't expect to see FIU fans, their fan base is spiritless.

Good luck to my owls! We should win but you know how football is.

Wear red!
Back to the top

For reals.

But, how does FIU's offense match up against our defense?

What kind of offense do they typically run - 3 wide out of the Pistol, 2 running backs single TE set Power I, 4 wide, zone read option (do they have a running QB)?

Seems we've been dropping Zyon Gilbert into the box a lot, leaving Jalen Young back to play deep center fielder covering both halves of the field (hence the high number of interceptions).

We need sacks desperately, and that usually starts with good downfield coverage.  Our DB's seem to be covering well - where are the QB sacks?  Should we blitz and stunt more?  Seems we give up the middle of the field a lot - between the deep zone or man to man break downs?

(Topics for everyone!)
Back to the top

I know everyone of us has said the previous games of the season has been the biggest of the season, but hands down. This is the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON. #Bringthenoise.
Back to the top
Control functions: