Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

I asked for a reason. I had no idea what it was. So to say "it is everywhere" is not true. I'm not a gen x . I don't live on social media. Yes it is cheap and quick. But it is obviously not 100%. I think I'll just buy my beer the old fashion way.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

dusky256fc said

DeltAlumnus said

David Slavic said

walty12 said

There a list of visits for this game?  I would assume there will be a chunk of recruits attending?
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 8:54 AM #373359

FAU is definitely not marketing the craft beer thing. I got one email about 2 weeks ago, that didn't link to anything, and I've heard nothing since.

Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 1:44 PM #373364

It’s all over social media 
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 2:18 PM #373366

Not everyone participates in social media.  There are traditional ways to advertise to your core clients and FAU does a horrible job.  FAU thinks going into work, sending a tweet, posting on facebook and instagram and their day is done.
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 4:11 PM #373373

I don’t disagree. But social media reaches the most people in a cost efficient manner. 

My worry is with their marketing most of the time is probably reaching people who already have tickets, and has already the natural interest in the program
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 4:14 PM #373375

I am definitely not against social media but it should be one part of a muti level marketing and sales strategy and I believe it is their only level.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

So I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., but hadn't seen anything. I follow just about all the FAU accounts, and saw only a couple details, like $20 for beer and a ticket. So I wasn't sure where to purchase the ticket, if it needs to be done beforehand, or if it's at entry, where on campus it is, and if I can get into the beer event without buying a ticket, since I already have season tickets, and bought 6 more for some coworkers of mine. Maybe I need to train my social accounts to better represent FAU, but I'm on the FAU sites almost every day, especially during football season. None of my friends knew about the beer night, and nobody had seen it on Facebook or anything. I didn't see any ads whatsoever…
Back to the top

David Slavic said

So I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., but hadn't seen anything. I follow just about all the FAU accounts, and saw only a couple details, like $20 for beer and a ticket. So I wasn't sure where to purchase the ticket, if it needs to be done beforehand, or if it's at entry, where on campus it is, and if I can get into the beer event without buying a ticket, since I already have season tickets, and bought 6 more for some coworkers of mine. Maybe I need to train my social accounts to better represent FAU, but I'm on the FAU sites almost every day, especially during football season. None of my friends knew about the beer night, and nobody had seen it on Facebook or anything. I didn't see any ads whatsoever…
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 4:28 PM #373378

I called and bought tickets. They are offering a 10 dollar ticket for those who tickets to the game already 
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 4:28 PM #373378

I have the same background and the same experience.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Is the beer unlimited for the beer fest thing? I plan on tailgating but I haven’t bought tickets just yet
Back to the top

JBOwl said

Is the beer unlimited for the beer fest thing? I plan on tailgating but I haven’t bought tickets just yet
Posted On: Nov 16th 2017, 8:26 PM #373408

Yes, until kickoff.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Does anyone else think the Shula Bowl Trophy is ugly as hell, or is it just me?
Back to the top

SCowl said

Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 10:58 AM #373429

Only when it resides in Sweetwater.
Back to the top

SCowl said

Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 10:58 AM #373429

Good news, if the tradition continues we’ll eventually destroy it With celebrations.

I’ve always thought something more “South Florida” should’ve been the trophy, a giant taxidermied Marlin, a palm tree, something other than a piece of furniture. All of the great rivalry trophies are far cooler than what we’ve got.
Back to the top
Control functions: