Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

November 12, 2017 Updated Bowl Projections

CBS Sports             FAU vs. USF                              Thurs, December 19       St. Petersburg Bowl
ESPN Bonogura       FAU v. San Diego St.                 Sat, December 16           New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque
ESPN Hale              FAU v. San Diego St.                 Sat, December 16           New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque
SBNation                FAU vs. USF                             Tues, December 19         Boca Raton Bowl
SISports                 FAU vs. Northern Illinois            Fri, December 22            Bahamas Bowl, Nassau

Not much change this week.  FWIW, USA Today comes out later and had FAU in the Bahamas Bowl last week also.  I still think the New Mexico Bowl is not going to happen.  As I mentioned last week, that bowl has never invited a team east of Texas and attendance would be a real issue.  The C-USA Champ played in the Boca Raton Bowl last year. 
Back to the top

Boca Bowl would be a sellout and you get Lane vs. Charlie NATIONAL publicity out the.............not saying that would be my choice, just sayinzzzz1
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Boca Bowl would be a sellout and you get Lane vs. Charlie NATIONAL publicity out the………….not saying that would be my choice, just sayinzzzz1
Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 5:46 PM #373232

Agree.  I'd like to travel a bit for the fun of it.  But the Boca Bowl with USF vs FAU would be completely sold out and the place would be rocking.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I hate to say this (ducks when Jack or Shane start typing…) but I'd enjoy USF vs FAU in the Boca Raton Bowl.

Place would be packed because it would be an event in an event driven area.

Strong vs Kiffin.  Let's start some state supremacy conversations, especially after beating Davis a week from now.

Hopefully could talk a buddy into coming down - he's a USF grad.

One more tailgate!

Wouldn't have to travel for a weeknight bowl game.

Of course there are some cons to go along with this.

Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

I hate to say this (ducks when Jack or Shane start typing…) but I'd enjoy USF vs FAU in the Boca Raton Bowl.

Place would be packed because it would be an event in an event driven area.

Strong vs Kiffin.  Let's start some state supremacy conversations, especially after beating Davis a week from now.

Hopefully could talk a buddy into coming down - he's a USF grad.

one more tailgate!

Wouldn't have to travel for a weeknight bowl game.

Of course there are some cons to go along with this.

Posted On: Nov 13th 2017, 7:56 PM #373317

Me anytime somebody says we should stay for the Boca Bowl or go to the Bahamas or Albuquerque. 

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Not impressed with USF after watching them against Tulsa tonight...will take that matchup post haste!
Back to the top

USF hired the wrong coach. Imagine what Lane would have done with Quentin flowers this year. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

USF hired the wrong coach. Imagine what Lane would have done with Quentin flowers this year. 
Posted On: Nov 16th 2017, 10:35 PM #373418

I just came back from Ray Jay. Despite USF's win tonight, and their record, they SUCKED vs. 2 win-Tulsa. That's not just me saying that, USF fans on social media and the traditional media are blowing Strong up right now. Strong truly has taken a 180 from being at Louisville.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

They better be ready for Frosty next weekend!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Nov 16th 2017, 10:35 PM #373418

I just came back from Ray Jay. Despite USF's win tonight, and their record, they SUCKED vs. 2 win-Tulsa. That's not just me saying that, USF fans on social media and the traditional media are blowing Strong up right now. Strong truly has taken a 180 from being at Louisville.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 12:04 AM #373419

REALLY???? They are 10-1, that is rediculous and sad!
Back to the top
Control functions: