Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

National Attention, National Media mentions of FAU

He had several great catches.  I am assuming the big 3rd down conversion where he went up and beat the guy and the DB ended up getting hurt is the one you are talking about, but his catch on the 2-point conversion was absolutely ridiculous.  Should have been pass interference but he caught it anyway.

Kudos to that kid - certainly not condoning his pre-season actions, but like Kiffin said he paid a very public price and could have easily packed it in.  He is a force to be reckoned with on these jump-ball situations and should just get better the more comfortable he gets these last 3 games.
Back to the top

Last nights game may have increased his stock in the NFL draft. He was a man playing boys. Wow !
Back to the top

owlsdad said

He had several great catches.  I am assuming the big 3rd down conversion where he went up and beat the guy and the DB ended up getting hurt is the one you are talking about, but his catch on the 2-point conversion was absolutely ridiculous.  Should have been pass interference but he caught it anyway.

Kudos to that kid - certainly not condoning his pre-season actions, but like Kiffin said he paid a very public price and could have easily packed it in.  He is a force to be reckoned with on these jump-ball situations and should just get better the more comfortable he gets these last 3 games.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 9:46 AM #373572

That is the one I am referring to but there were quite a few.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

He also got a Helmet Sticker…

Silence the Doubters.

Back to the top

Huge price paid here with losing scholorship and paying his own way. Bigger price will be NOT being at minimum a 3rd round NFL pick, now round 6 or 7 round pick because of "character" issue.

But as stupid as what he did was, I give him props and admire him taking the punishments and coming back to school on his own and battling through and now success!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 9:46 AM #373572

I’d act like I blew my knee out if I got treated that way by Kalib too!

He came back (27) and was worked over a few more times by Woods again. Long night for that kid.
Back to the top

Great interview with Coach K on ESPN;

Kiffin bringing FAU into national consciousness - WatchESPN

Our humbler, smarter Coach K.!
Back to the top

Rick said

He also got a Helmet Sticker…

Silence the Doubters.

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 9:57 AM #373577

Kalib has been through a lot this past year. I hope he can keep this positivity going!

And can we PLEASE give ESPN a newer helmet. I like the older ones, but we need to keep up with #TheBrand

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Great interview with Coach K on ESPN;

Kiffin bringing FAU into national consciousness - WatchESPN

Our humbler, smarter Coach K.!
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 11:01 AM #373588

After watching that … I get the sense that even LK has been moved by the success the Owls have had so far this season.

And You hear the guys form Game Day (yesterday) saying LK is a great coach, yet immature, which could keep AD's for the BIGGER programs from calling on LK.  IMO, it what makes him a great fit here, gets people talking, and builds interest in the program which hopefully translate in building the fan base.  Wins will do that in time, but LK add that extra special sauce to the mix.

Great VIBE Indeed!!
Back to the top

Gameday guys are a lot more "old school" than they want to admit.  Kiffin seems to be what more coaches are going to become - more outspoken, wanting the kids to have fun and enjoy success, wanting to draw attention to themselves (and in turn their programs), etc.  I expect to see more G5 guys to follow his lead, and eventually that will creep into the traditional "power" schools.  Just slowly. 

Back to the top
Control functions: