Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Patrick Chun, AD Florida Atlantic University

d-owl said

Hard to criticize after last night. I'm out of state so I can't get to the stadium much. When I do it's usually a poor game day experience.  I remember just getting into the stadium this year at the Navy game, security at the front was so overwhelmed as we were going in they literally threw much stuff passed the metal detectors all over the floor. Concessions were also run very poorly. Was surprised the stadium was still going through all these issues 6 or so years after it opened. Sad part is the people I bring who certainly aren't big fans wouldn't want to go back given how poorly the stadium was operated. I know it's a small sample size, but still.

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 8:24 AM #373560

Whats worse no security or ineffective concerns (i.e. negligent or incompetent security).  I stopped empting my pockets.  I walked through with my keys, phone and some lose change in my pockets and I got a thank you enjoy the game.  Hey FAU, demand good service and if you can't get it from your vendors and subcontractors find new ones.  COMPLETED JOKE ON ALL LEVELS!
Back to the top

teambeer said

They only had one bartender per bar in the Acura club tonight…cmon guys you KNEW it was going to be a big game. 

Mickey Mouse
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 12:20 AM #373553

For what it's worth:

My sister used to bartend and bartenders talk, offer each other shifts, etc

And she told me that bar has a reputation for not making much money so a lot of local bartenders she knows avoid it.

Might not be the biggest problem but is a problem if it's true. Anybody here know bartenders offered to work there?

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

teambeer said

They only had one bartender per bar in the Acura club tonight…cmon guys you KNEW it was going to be a big game. 

Mickey Mouse

For what it's worth:

And she told me that bar has a reputation for not making much money so a lot of local bartenders she knows avoid it.

Might not be the biggest problem but is a problem if it's true. Anybody here know bartenders offered to work there?

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:04 PM #373617

Odd. I would think the bartenders would be Chartwells employees. Do they sub that part out?
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Odd. I would think the bartenders would be Chartwells employees. Do they sub that part out?
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 3:46 PM #373634

Yes…at least they did years ago when I worked there.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

teambeer said

Mickey Mouse

For what it's worth:

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:04 PM #373617

Chicken and the egg scenario.  I don't go to that bar because the service sucks.  After you waited in line for 15 and watched the ineptitude of the bartender the whole time your not going to tip well.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: