Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections as of November 19, 2017

CBS Sports             FAU vs. USF                           Thurs, December 19       St. Petersburg Bowl
ESPN Bonogura       FAU v. Florida State                Wed, December 27         Independence Bowl, Shreveport
ESPN Hale              FAU v. San Diego St.               Sat, December 16          New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque
SBNation                FAU vs. USF                           Tues, December 19        Boca Raton Bowl
CFN                       FAU vs. USF                            Thurs, December 19      St. Petersburg Bowl

SI Sports isn't out yet.
Back to the top

For whatever reason FSU has been hesitant to schedule us so it'd be super interesting to see that match-up finally come to pass, and what better time for it when we're down and they're up.
Back to the top

But this is assuming they beat UF! :Laughing:
Back to the top

Would be a bummer to be in the Boca Bowl. Stay at home and not many people on campus.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Would be a bummer to be in the Boca Bowl. Stay at home and not many people on campus.

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 8:25 PM #373653

We will not be in the Boca Bowl.  Being in the Boca Bowl goes against all of the reasons why they create Bowl games in cities like Boca Raton: to pump up the local economy by selling hotel rooms and selling out restaurants, and generating tourism dollars, etc.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 8:25 PM #373653

We will not be in the Boca Bowl.  Being in the Boca Bowl goes against all of the reasons why they create Bowl games in cities like Boca Raton: to pump up the local economy by selling hotel rooms and selling out restaurants, and generating tourism dollars, etc.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 8:33 PM #373655

The counter argument from Athletics should be, playing at the Boca Bowl saves us money not having to travel.  Most Bowl games cost teams money to attend and play; dollars are at a premium in our program.
Back to the top

It was mentioned on here before but I also had thought I heard that one of the stipulations of the Boca bowl was that FAU would not play in it?  

Of course that agreement (if it exists) means nothing when it comes down to $$$$.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Boca Bowl would also be a crappy thing to do to the players, not gonna happen.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

If FSU beats FL on Saturday and we beat NT for the conference I feel pretty certain that’s the game in Shreveport, not happy about it but I think it’s going to happen.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I personally don't think it will be the Boca Raton Bowl. One the people who run it want teams from out of the area to come in, along with the county wants those tourism dollars coming in. Two FAU doesn't want to play in what would be essentially another home game for them. The whole purpose of bowling is going out of the area and getting the experience somewhere else. I think that is why the Athletics department is working some of these bowls and their committees lobbying for FAU, but nothing wont be finalized until after championship Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: