Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SEC and ACC commits expected at Shula Bowl

Add topic

Francois said

Holley, that boys was on the small side if I remember correctly, but he was quick
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 7:56 PM #373452

By the way, welcome back!!!!
Back to the top

Couldn't have asked for a better night for these guys. Hope they enjoyed it and do some "flips".
Back to the top

d-owl said

Couldn't have asked for a better night for these guys. Hope they enjoyed it and do some "flips".
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 9:27 AM #373566

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be interested hearing some first hand feedback.
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

I'm curious to see how well Lane actually will be able to recruit 4 year high school recruits here.  The general consensus is that he will probably leave within a year or two.  May be a tougher task than most of us want to believe for long term recruits.  You know all the other coaches will be using the "why go play for a coach that will be gone in a year" angle to every recruit we talk to.   Hopefully he can sell the school and the programs potential well.  

Or he could also just say " hey it's actually pretty nice here, think ill stick around and build my own legacy and get my own statues here"

I'd prefer the latter.  😎
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 2:35 PM #373443

I've become pretty good at overcoming objections.

The truth is, no matter what school you choose there is no telling how long the coach will be there.  That includes the dumpster fire that is UF and the rumblings of Jimbo leaving at FSU.

Any program, big or small, college coaches are transient now more than ever.  Hop on the Lane train…see where it takes you.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Devin Hayes, a 3* DE who was mentioned in this article as an NC state verbal and likely to flip to FAU just officially decommitted. He has a visit to FAU scheduled on Dec. 8 Per 247 sports.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Roscoeowl said

I'm curious to see how well Lane actually will be able to recruit 4 year high school recruits here.  The general consensus is that he will probably leave within a year or two.  May be a tougher task than most of us want to believe for long term recruits.  You know all the other coaches will be using the "why go play for a coach that will be gone in a year" angle to every recruit we talk to.   Hopefully he can sell the school and the programs potential well.  

Or he could also just say " hey it's actually pretty nice here, think ill stick around and build my own legacy and get my own statues here"

I'd prefer the latter.  😎
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 2:35 PM #373443

I've become pretty good at overcoming objections.

The truth is, no matter what school you choose there is no telling how long the coach will be there.  That includes the dumpster fire that is UF and the rumblings of Jimbo leaving at FSU.

Any program, big or small, college coaches are transient now more than ever.  Hop on the Lane train…see where it takes you.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 3:30 PM #373842

Taking us straight to Title Town
Back to the top
Control functions: