Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If we keep winning, will we lose Kiffin?

Oh I didn't know Chun did all that in 2012.  My point is I am not necessarily talking about Chun specifically getting out there but the ticket department should be.  Whatever Chun is doing its not working.  Angelos did a lot of good things before he didn't.  The job out grew him.  Looking at football attendance says that the job has outgrown him.  I don't think Chun has the vision for the next step.  Just because you think we can't improve and get someone better doesn't mean you don't make change.  Time to shake things up.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Change said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 12:03 PM #373831

Finally, Walty, you may feel basketball is important, but it's not.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 11:14 PM #373875

I hear you….in the grand scheme, no….but ask FGCU and other schools that made good runs in the tournament what kind of a boost they got afterwards….the outside world associates winning with a successful, well run university….a place that can get it right….we could absolutely benefit from that….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Don't know what it is about UM but even the car rental guy (a Marshall alum!) at Miami Int. was going to the UM game and NOT the FAU/Marshall game. thought that was sad and TOLD HIM!
Back to the top

I haven't seen Kiffin's name pop up on The Scoop lately attached to the big jobs, so I guess that's a good thing for us.

That said, I'm interpreting the media correction of "I plan to be here, I didn't say I will definitely be here" comment made today to mean that he doesn't want to put it out there to other ADs that he wouldn't entertain offers.

We keep saying he words things very specifically when he's trolling people so we have to expect he'd do the same if/when he trolls us.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I haven't seen Kiffin's name pop up on The Scoop lately attached to the big jobs, so I guess that's a good thing for us.

That said, I'm interpreting the media correction of "I plan to be here, I didn't say I will definitely be here" comment made today to mean that he doesn't want to put it out there to other ADs that he wouldn't entertain offers.

We keep saying he words things very specifically when he's trolling people so we have to expect he'd do the same if/when he trolls us.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 6:13 PM #373902

Maybe it was his way to start pushing for a raise right now. 

Yeah he doesn’t seem to be a legit candidate at this point for the big jobs. I think that’s all he would leave us for this year I think. But who knows. I keep telling myself to stop worrying about it cause there isn’t anything we can do either way. 
Back to the top

If December 2nd is his last game would anyone be upset with him?

Stop worrying about tomorrow and enjoy today.
Back to the top

Seriously! 

I said to myself when we hired him that if we won 10 games and he disappeared in the night I couldn’t be mad, he will have taken us on such an incredible journey.

Credit Walty for this statement: if 18 months ago I told you that’s we’d be playing the CUSA Championship game at home with Lane Kiffin at the helm on the cusp of winning 10 games you’d have me locked up. 

Enjoy the ride, if it’s longer than one go round, even better.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Seriously! 

I said to myself when we hired him that if we won 10 games and he disappeared in the night I couldn’t be mad, he will have taken us on such an incredible journey.

Credit Walty for this statement: if 18 months ago I told you that’s we’d be playing the CUSA Championship game at home with Lane Kiffin at the helm on the cusp of winning 10 games you’d have me locked up.

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:06 PM #373909

Maybe, but if you recall from our text string back then, he was a non believer that Kiffin was even an option.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

teambeer said

Seriously! 

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:06 PM #373909

Maybe, but if you recall from our text string back then, he was a non believer that Kiffin was even an option.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:19 PM #373911

You’re giving him credit for something he had nothing to do with, he was actually opposed to.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It would be VERY smart of Dr. Kelly to give Coach K AND Staff raises and lock 'em up with even bigger buyouts if possible!
Back to the top
Control functions: