Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections as of November 19, 2017

Is someone expecting FSU to get bowl eligible? They play UF this weekend.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 7:14 PM #373850

UF is probably worst than FSU. 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Have you watched UF?  FSU is favored by 5 at UF.  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

FSU rescheduled their FCS opponent for 12/2 in a bid to reach 6 games. I believe they have 5 wins, and need one more for eligibility. So they’ve got a reasonable chance, even if they lose to UF. 
Back to the top

David Slavic said

illinoisowl said

FSU rescheduled their FCS opponent for 12/2 in a bid to reach 6 games. I believe they have 5 wins, and need one more for eligibility. So they’ve got a reasonable chance, even if they lose to UF. 
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 7:45 PM #373856
Nope, need both and should get both wins.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

David Slavic said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 7:45 PM #373856
Nope, need both and should get both wins.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 7:47 PM #373857

Lol nice. There are a ton of FSU grads at the office, so I enjoyed telling them how some ESPN analysts are projecting a FAU-FSU matchup. 
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

illinoisowl said

Have you watched UF?  FSU is favored by 5 at UF.  
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 7:35 PM #373854

its a rivalry game so who knows?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I worry that playing FSU is a trap game with a no win situation. If we won all people will say is that FSU was terrible this year and not give us due credit. If we lost, then again it would wash away all our positives and we’d only be known for losing to a bad FSU. While FSU might not be having a great year, I would guess that playing an in state team would up their playing level. They won’t want to lose to us, just imagine how bad that would be for recruiting in state players. I’m nervous if that’s our bowl match up. 

AEA
Back to the top

dmarkey said

I worry that playing FSU is a trap game with a no win situation. If we won all people will say is that FSU was terrible this year and not give us due credit. If we lost, then again it would wash away all our positives and we’d only be known for losing to a bad FSU. While FSU might not be having a great year, I would guess that playing an in state team would up their playing level. They won’t want to lose to us, just imagine how bad that would be for recruiting in state players. I’m nervous if that’s our bowl match up. 
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 4:45 PM #373960

I think the only notable P5 win we have in our history is against Minnesota?

Love to play FSU…now is the time.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

dmarkey said

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 4:45 PM #373960

If we get a shot a FSU we will absolutely take the opportunity.  No matter how bad their year is they are in a different league than FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: