Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - November 25, 2017

Add topic

David Slavic said

Stadium said

fauowls44 said

Are we sure that this game is televised anywhere?  The FAU site doesn't mention it and I don't see the game on TV listings for Saturday (at least not yet).  It would suck that this game isn't shown anywhere locally (or even online) given all of the current excitement about the program.

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:46 AM #373746

It's on Stadium.com looking above, and its on a local channel in Palm Beach County.  I live in Broward and it doesn't look like its been picked up yet (probably not).  The last 2 have been on WFSL.  If you live out PB County, fire up your laptop and connect it to your TV.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:51 AM #373748

Yeah if you don't have the Stadium app yet, get it. It's 5 bucks a month for a TON of smaller games. Most of the games I've watched on tv have been on Stadium.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:54 AM #373749

But is this game actually on Stadium?  I don't see it listed on FAU's site or Stadiums website.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

David Slavic said

Stadium said

fauowls44 said

Are we sure that this game is televised anywhere?  The FAU site doesn't mention it and I don't see the game on TV listings for Saturday (at least not yet).  It would suck that this game isn't shown anywhere locally (or even online) given all of the current excitement about the program.

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:46 AM #373746

It's on Stadium.com looking above, and its on a local channel in Palm Beach County.  I live in Broward and it doesn't look like its been picked up yet (probably not).  The last 2 have been on WFSL.  If you live out PB County, fire up your laptop and connect it to your TV.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:51 AM #373748

Yeah if you don't have the Stadium app yet, get it. It's 5 bucks a month for a TON of smaller games. Most of the games I've watched on tv have been on Stadium.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:54 AM #373749

But is this game actually on Stadium?  I don't see it listed on FAU's site or Stadiums website.  

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 1:01 PM #373834

The game will be streamed ONLY on Stadium's Facebook page.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Mytv should have it… 

It's listed on Uncc website as well. 
Back to the top

Charlotte gave up 363 yards rushing and 221 yards passing (equaling 66 pts.) to S. Miss. on Sat. They have just 2 pics and 11 sacks on D FOR THE YEAR!!!!!

Only lose if we TOTALLY self destruct!
Back to the top

I may be in the minority but I don't see Kiffin sitting the starters until well into the fourth quarter, regardless of an early lead.

Like the Navy game and not forfeiting, he's coaching these guys to always want to win.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

I may be in the minority but I don't see Kiffin sitting the starters until well into the fourth quarter, regardless of an early lead.

Like the Navy game and not forfeiting, he's coaching these guys to always want to win.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:16 PM #373859

He seems to like style points so I expect something along the lines of what you are saying.
Back to the top

Charlotte Head Coach Brad Lambert’s Quotes from Tuesday’s FAU Press Conference

Opening Comments

“Well as I told our team, this is a huge opportunity for us to go out and play our last game here against the team that has won our division (FAU). It’s a good football team coming in here. They lead the league in almost every offensive category. They’re playing at a high level and it’s a great opportunity for us to go out on Senior Day and see what we can do against this FAU team. It’s huge because it’s the team that has won our division, so if we can get a win, it would be a big feather in our cap.”

What is different about the FAU team this season compared to last season?

“They’re a very confident football team. They’ve won seven or eight games in a row and they’re really confident right now. Their running game is executing at a high level right now. FAU running back Devin Singletary is playing very well. I thought Ito Smith was a good back as well. It’s now in back-to-back weeks that we’ll get the two best backs we’ll see. Singletary is just playing at a high level right now. They’re fast, good at playing on the move, and they’re a very confident football team right now.”

What does this team have to do to come out and be competitive this week?

“The big thing for us is eliminating big plays. This FAU offense can get away from you fast. You look at Devin
“Motor” Singletary, he can hit a big play at any time. You’ve got to have good eye discipline on defense, be lined up and ready to play because they’ll run the ball and run the ball. Jason Driskel, FAU’s quarterback is playing at a high
level and he’ll hit you on a big play. They’ve got some good guys on the perimeter. I think that’s going to be the key. We’re going to have to be really great on special teams. We’ll have to eliminate the big play and we have to get the run game going on the other side of the ball to get the chains moving.”
Back to the top

Anyone from here going to be at the game? Steven (netuba) and I will be there, since we are up here in Charlotte visiting family. 

AEA
Back to the top

dmarkey said

Anyone from here going to be at the game? Steven (netuba) and I will be there, since we are up here in Charlotte visiting family. 
Posted On: Nov 24th 2017, 9:29 PM #374011

I'm going to game.  Sitting in section 128.  Not sure where I'm tailgating yet, but will be at the stadium in 20 minutes.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

Owls are going into the game with the third highest spread of the whole week. Let that sneak in for a second.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: