Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - November 25, 2017

Add topic

Charlotte - as others said, a W is a W and this one came on the road in a game I asked about being a trap. We went undefeated in conference and won by 19 purely because we had WAY more talent, and that is something good. 

UNT - I had posted this previously, too.  I hate a rematch, particularly against a team we beat so badly.  We definitely can't afford to be overconfident because they are going to come in here with something to prove.  We need to turn the heat back up on offense, will probably need some offensive ingenuity again, and definitely need to "find" some turnovers on D.

I know we had a thread around season projections before the season started.  I didn't know much about FAU or CUSA and I said 7-wins and bowl eligible.  I was correct, but that was only through the fist 10 weeks of the season!  I didn't look, but I'm not sure anybody picked 10 or 11 wins???
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Charlotte - as others said, a W is a W and this one came on the road in a game I asked about being a trap. We went undefeated in conference and won by 19 purely because we had WAY more talent, and that is something good. 

UNT - I had posted this previously, too.  I hate a rematch, particularly against a team we beat so badly.  We definitely can't afford to be overconfident because they are going to come in here with something to prove.  We need to turn the heat back up on offense, will probably need some offensive ingenuity again, and definitely need to "find" some turnovers on D.

I know we had a thread around season projections before the season started.  I didn't know much about FAU or CUSA and I said 7-wins and bowl eligible.  I was correct, but that was only through the fist 10 weeks of the season!  I didn't look, but I'm not sure anybody picked 10 or 11 wins???
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 6:34 AM #374153

I said 8-4 on the regular season, I think OC40 did as well… Honestly, I didn't feel confident in that at all after the Buffalo game.  Glad to be wrong in this fashion.
Back to the top

Anyone that said >6 was hoping , not predicting. I've spent the morning wondering  , were we down or was Kiffen and Co. just playing for the W. This guy is sly as a fox. I truly think he took it easy. I went on 247 to look at class recruiting. Some teams have 15-20 commits. We have zero. Zero! You can not tell me that this crazy coach of ours has zero commits. This is another  Kiffenism. Not only does he hold info close the his chest. He has recruits that can do the same thing. I love having a leader that doesn't feel the need to share all the important info to people that don't need to know it. Some people love it. Some hate it. I'm just glad I got the chance to witness a football genius at FAU.
Back to the top

+1

We've got a big game next weekend.  Do we need to show our hand against a 1-10 team?

This coaching staff has been to championship games before; I'm sure they know how to prep.

Heck, Monte might even be giving pointers on Super Bowl prep.  :Winking:

Back to the top

A 19 point win on the road and it is questioned? Wow has Coach K changed this team in one year!

Credit to our guys, we still out gained UNCC on the road by over THREE HUNDRED YARDS! Yes they played "uninspired". To me this was OUR version of the Wisconsin game but with US as the favorite over an over matched UNCC. Did plenty enough to win just not exciting as usual and not a blowout all of us outsiders (Owl fans, media) were expecting.

again, how things have changed!!!! :Big-Grin:Congrats to all Owl players and Coaches on he great regular season! Season two starts Sat. get up , get excited, win one game at a time and shoot for 11!

GO OWLS!!!!! :cool:
Back to the top

My feelings on the game:

Look, a win is a win. We are in the CUSA Championship game when NONE of us, expected to be here. We're allowed one hiccup. 

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: