Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections as of December 3, 2017, Bowl Selection Sunday

Local Owl said

I got a dose of reality today from my brother while talking about FAU and the Boca Bowl. He was shocked when I told him we wanted a bigger , better bowl. He said two things. With the way FAU has been playing for the last ten years, we should be jumping for joy to be in this position. And second, football is a business. NCAA is looking to minimize travel costs and put butts in the stands. All while trying to field an interesting game. He also mentioned we could end up with 11 wins. I guess I was looking at the glass half empty again. On a different note, the stadium in St Pete is a baseball stadium. I would hate watching a game with that seating configuration.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 4:49 PM #374924

The attendance has very little to do with this. I would guess for the Independence Bowl it did.

These Group of 5 bowls are put on by ESPN to have programming during the month of December. Attendance at most of these games isn't very good.

And FIU is in St Pete………
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

And FIU is in St Pete………

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 4:52 PM #374926

Gotta admit, I wasn't feeling good about a rival coming into our house while we were away.

They'd leave the toilet seats up, put their feet on the sofa, graffiti the walls…
Back to the top
Control functions: