Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 signing class ultra-late arrivals

Add topic

So I read from another source that FAU is expecting both Carson Lydon (LB) and Jovon burriss (CB) to be enrolling at FAU this spring. They were 2 JUCO guys that never made it to FAU but apparently will be now. That would certainly help since we only have 4 scholarship cornerbacks. Another thing I wanted to address was that I noticed Chris Robison (who transferred from Oklahoma) is listed on the FAU websites roster and was mentioned as receiving accolades as a scout team top performer. What's notable is that jovon durante (transfer from west virginia) is not listed on the roster and was not listed among the scout team top performers. Does anyone know if he ever made it to FAU?
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

So I read from another source that FAU is expecting both Carson Lydon (LB) and Jovon burriss (CB) to be enrolling at FAU this spring. They were 2 JUCO guys that never made it to FAU but apparently will be now. That would certainly help since we only have 4 scholarship cornerbacks. Another thing I wanted to address was that I noticed Chris Robison (who transferred from Oklahoma) is listed on the FAU websites roster and was mentioned as receiving accolades as a scout team top performer. What's notable is that jovon durante (transfer from west virginia) is not listed on the roster and was not listed among the scout team top performers. Does anyone know if he ever made it to FAU?
Posted On: Dec 15th 2017, 6:09 PM #375346
Take that with a huge grain of salt. I will believe It when I believe it.
Also in regards to only have 4 CB’s on scholarship. They are not including the nicole guys in that count. So do we need a couple? Yea, but that number is misleading.
Back to the top

Does seem like Lydon and Burriss are expected on the team. I honestly thought the ship sailed for both of them last year.
Back to the top

Good to see them make it to Boca if that's the case. We've learned the hard way, that you can't really expect JuCo guys to be locks until their enrolled in classes.

FWIW: Shane is right, we are 110% fine when it comes to DBs.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

So I read from another source that FAU is expecting both Carson Lydon (LB) and Jovon burriss (CB) to be enrolling at FAU this spring.

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2017, 6:41 PM #375347

+1 & confirmed…

Burriss is no longer committed to FAU. He's looking at northern schools now - UB, & UMass.
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

What's notable is that jovon durante (transfer from west virginia) is not listed on the roster and was not listed among the scout team top performers. Does anyone know if he ever made it to FAU?

Yes, he is on the team…arrived in August. He wasn't on the roster, but that is being corrected.

Back to the top

Rick said

sjacks78 said

So I read from another source that FAU is expecting both Carson Lydon (LB) and Jovon burriss (CB) to be enrolling at FAU this spring.

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2017, 6:41 PM #375347
+1 & confirmed…

Burriss is no longer committed to FAU. He's looking at northern schools now - UB, & UMass.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 9:16 AM #376091
I think coach Batoon (before the move) visited Lydon recently and Lydon still expects to make it on campus.
Back to the top

"Burriss is no longer committed to FAU. He's looking at northern schools now - UB, & UMass."

Are we no longer interested in him? I see he DE-committed from FAU on Dec. 30 (???) but either of these moves would make no sense to me, from a football perspective, for him! But if he now can only get interest from either of those programs, my, his stock has fallen far!
Back to the top

As far as next year goes, Orlando Brown the HUGE OT at Oklahoma has announced he is going early to the NFL  - YES!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"Burriss is no longer committed to FAU. He's looking at northern schools now - UB, & UMass."

Are we no longer interested in him? I see he DE-committed from FAU on Dec. 30 (???) but either of these moves would make no sense to me, from a football perspective, for him! But if he now can only get interest from either of those programs, my, his stock has fallen far!

Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 4:27 PM #376094

He's a CB so there is not a huge need now for that right now considering who we have and who we may be bringing in, and I bet his stock has fallen a bit (he's a 2 star now).
Back to the top
Control functions: