Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: Boca Bowl FAU vs Akron

This probably will be the least interesting Predictions all year from everyone.

I do have a feeling this game could be close for maybe the first half. FAU running game eventually takes over, and Kalib Woods has a big day to end his FAU career on a high note. 

FAU win 48-21
Back to the top

FAU WINS! 

OWLS 42  Zips 17
Back to the top

I think Akron will have a better defense than what we have been seeing.  I know statistically they give up nearly 200 rushing yards, but they seem to tighten up in the redzone.  If we stutter and suck down there like we did against UNT it will hurt - the Zips will be playing all-out to prove the spread was too big.  The longer you let a team like that hang around the more dangerous they become.  So we need TDs but at least a FG with redzone trips.

I think eventually our big-play guys make big plays and their Freshman QB makes a few mistakes (but he also has a big game).   We stretch a 3-point lead into about 20 and give up a late TD to win by 13.

FAU 38 - 25

I hope I am totally wrong (except for the winning part), but I can see this game being in doubt through 3 quarters.  My "hopeful" showing is Motor gets to 2000 yards and scores 3 more TDs and we win by the spread.

FAU 43 - 20

Cheap way out - my head and my heart picks.
Back to the top

I have been waiting to predict. Trying to actually learn as much as I can about Akron. Unlike past years , FAU has a GREAT coaching staff in place and we will not be down, unprepared, or unmotivated. IMO.. Lane and Briles are going to showcase the offense  as much as they can. Monte and Chris will have a defensive  plan in place. Lane wants to show a nationally televised audience what he has done in Boca. I think Lane's ego ( which I love ) will drive him to run up points. Ready for this?  FAU 56…Akron 24.  Cover the spread and 80 total point.  I'm I over confident ? I don't think so.
Back to the top

Not gonna predict a score or point but....Akron could NOT keep up with Toledo in either MAC game. Sound like a familiar script??? :)
Back to the top

62-10 
This game is a joke.
Back to the top

Also, Lane and Co. will have some recruits there Tuesday night. He wants to put on a show.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Also, Lane and Co. will have some recruits there Tuesday night. He wants to put on a show.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2017, 4:16 PM #375419

That's interesting. I'm going with 55-26 Owls. And I've got my eyes on Motor and hopefully getting those 2,000 yards.
Back to the top

49-21
Back to the top

Yeah, I hate to sound like I'm saying "Da Bears" on this game but I don't even see it being close.

Even with Bobby Bowden being in Boca Raton for the game, I just think we're too well coached, too prepared, and too hungry to lose.

63-17 and I feel slimy even being that confident.

What are the plans for tailgating?!
Back to the top
Control functions: