Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Briles to Houston

The controversy in Houston IS growing;

Houston Cougars: The hiring of Kendal Briles will be problematic

That was an article from just 4 hours ago an the morning news on TV there had not one but TWO reporters/writers saying this was a bad hire and message as well!

Here is another;

Houston Is Getting Crushed For Hiring Kendal Briles

AND another;

Major Applewhite makes shameful decision to hire ex-Baylor assistants Kendal Briles and Randy Clements at Houston - Burnt Orange Nation

Kendall is NOT being welcomed home with any enthusiasim except by UH football fans (usual win only attitudes). Baylor just too close to Houston to forget what happened only two seasons ago.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

What has happened with the Coach K contract extension???? WE SHOULD HAVE OFFERED ENTIRE STAFF NEW CONTRACTS WITH MORE $$$!!!
Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 2:52 PM #376195

Coach's contract extension was apparently for the same money. And, I'm sure all the coaches are probably making the same money. I don't think there was really any reason to bump it up when he's not (probably not) going anywhere. I too was a little surprised there wasn't more backlash at the Briles hiring by Houston. I've heard that he's untouchable for P5 jobs bc school presidents don't want the baggage. There are bright spots to what on the surface looked like a significant loss for us. It was Kiffin's genius that got Briles here in the first place, so I'm sure things will be fine. And, having someone connected to a rape scandal leave FAU is not the worst thing to happen. I'm sure Coach knows that there would be a TON of heat if he got a P5 job and took Briles with him.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

GeorgiaOwl said

What has happened with the Coach K contract extension???? WE SHOULD HAVE OFFERED ENTIRE STAFF NEW CONTRACTS WITH MORE $$$!!!

Coach's contract extension was apparently for the same money. And, I'm sure all the coaches are probably making the same money. I don't think there was really any reason to bump it up when he's not (probably not) going anywhere. I too was a little surprised there wasn't more backlash at the Briles hiring by Houston. I've heard that he's untouchable for P5 jobs bc school presidents don't want the baggage. There are bright spots to what on the surface looked like a significant loss for us. It was Kiffin's genius that got Briles here in the first place, so I'm sure things will be fine. And, having someone connected to a rape scandal leave FAU is not the worst thing to happen. I'm sure Coach knows that there would be a TON of heat if he got a P5 job and took Briles with him.
Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 3:55 PM #376197

If it truly is for the same amount. It isn’t a contract extension. It’s just BS. 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The burnt orange nation guys is an asshat.

Look at what he refers to Kiffin as…

Bottom line:

if they win no one will care.

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

jgf2017 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 3:55 PM #376197

If it truly is for the same amount. It isn’t a contract extension. It’s just BS. 
Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 4:11 PM #376198

EXACTLY! Other schools give contract extensions WITH bumps in pay and bonuses! And to Coaches with much LESS success (say 7-5ish even. )And our other Coaches the same - this is not JUST a Coach K winning season - the entire staff did a great job!

So, has it ACTUALLY BEEN SIGNED? WITH A BUMP IN "PENALTIES" FOR LEAVING I HAVE SUGGESTED????
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

Bottom line:

Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 4:17 PM #376199

True, the FOOTBALL fans won't care. But look at what happened here over NAMING RIGHTS? Sometimes OTHER FACTORS THAN FOOTBALL come into play.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

Bottom line:

True, the FOOTBALL fans won't care. But look at what happened here over NAMING RIGHTS? Sometimes OTHER FACTORS THAN FOOTBALL come into play.
Posted On: Jan 8th 2018, 4:20 PM #376201

Yeah, if boosters feel the bad pub is not worth it, things could change

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

Bottom line:

Yeah he's just bitter because Texas hasn't been relevant since Vince Young, and takes it out be berating other programs and questioning their ethics in a blog to his own school's fans.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

There I was, enjoying a snifter of Father Christmas from Barrel of Monks when this notification came in.

I am no longer enjoying said snifter and have switched to hard liquior.

Really wanted to continue being a fan of Kendal…
Back to the top
Control functions: