Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Forum Cleanup?

Add topic

Is there a reason we have so many old pinned threads with no activity/or are no longer pertinent? For example:
I have to scroll at least quarter of the page on my laptop to see active threads. Not advocating delete, how about just unpinning them and let them go with all the other old threads?
Back to the top

Because of the page views.

Back to the top

Rick said

Because of the page views.

Posted On: Dec 27th 2017, 7:22 PM #375964
Really, are the numbers that significant? Can you tell members vs. non-members? I am just curious what the draw is to the historic coaching threads. Potential coaches or employers of former coaches doing due diligence? I just don't see why a regular or even infrequent visitor would be looking at the 2011 coaching search to the point where the traffic would warrant pinning it.
Back to the top

Pinned threads represent 13.9% of the total page.

Perhaps we could look into spacing in other areas, but that is pretty minimal:

You might want to use this link to hone in on recent content, it is much more efficient:

Posts since last visit - FAU Owl's Nest

It is located at the bottom of the forum landing page in the Info Center.

Back to the top

Interesting. I appreciate your quick replies. Any thoughts on whether these threads are getting high traffic because they are pinned or do you pin once they continue to receive a certain amount of traffic (and maintain that level)? Thanks!  :cool:
Back to the top

It depends on the content, as noted when looking at the other forum's in the Football genre and their pinned topics. But the football forum has the least amount of pinned threads while recording the most thread views for them - by far.

FB Forum 8
FB Reference 11
FB Recruiting 14
FB Stadium 11
FB Pick 'Em 10

Back to the top

Those threads aren't getting any traffic and just clog up the specific forum.  The page views don't mean a thing at this point and if someone googles Carl Pelini resigning, I'm sure they'll find this.

In my opinion, the only things pinned should be current, extremely important items or breaking news.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Those threads aren't getting any traffic and just clog up the specific forum.  The page views don't mean a thing at this point and if someone googles Carl Pelini resigning, I'm sure they'll find this.

In my opinion, the only things pinned should be current, extremely important items or breaking news.
Posted On: Jan 7th 2018, 9:10 PM #376182

I completely agree. I assume Rick has a better idea of where the traffic is coming from, and how long a visitor is staying, etc. since I have no idea why a 2011 coaching search thread is relevant at all.
Back to the top

Gentlemen, respectfully, I provided a more than sufficient alternative/solution that will not only allow you to forgo pinned threads but the ENTIRE SITE if you choose to just see current posts.

Moving on now…

Enjoy the FREE forum.
Back to the top
Control functions: