Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football's Offensive Scheme for 2018

I loved the offense we ran this past year…for those interested, here's a great resource to help understand it.

Baylor Offensive Breakdown | Art Briles | Sport Variants

While very simple, it is actually complex at the same time…i believe this is where Driskel was able to give his best offering…being able to call the right plays and take maximum advantage of the match-ups.

If we do not continue running this system you can rest assured our point totals are going down.

Hope that is not the case and Kiffin finds a way to keep it going.

What says you?

Back to the top

I think Kiffin will keep the offense. He told Chris low in that all access week long interview that he was all in on briles offense. He spent a year learning the offense, and there are many coaches who are apart of that coaching tree out there. 
Back to the top

When I looked to the sideline during games Kiffin was the coach I always saw with the playcard/playbook in hand, seemingly directing the offense.  I was always wondering what Briles involvement was.  In any case, that makes me think we won't see much change.
Back to the top

Even if Johnson takes QB1 next year or we stick with Driskell, we'll will be in an RPO style offense next year…..I think Driskell is a heady player, but Kiffin might be tempted to see what Johnson could do with his athletic ability. Motor and Johnson could open holes similar to the ones Franklin III got on the keepers…with their combined skills, it puts so much strain on the defense…..I think Kiffin might use this opportunity to put in some of his own wrinkles….it'll be fun to watch

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Owlguin said

When I looked to the sideline during games Kiffin was the coach I always saw with the playcard/playbook in hand, seemingly directing the offense.  I was always wondering what Briles involvement was.  In any case, that makes me think we won't see much change.
Posted On: Jan 12th 2018, 12:43 PM #376308

I saw that too, and at the end of the day Lane Kiffin is probably a better offensive mind than Briles. A lot of our success had to do with great players and Motor of course. I could sense we were becoming dangerous even in late 2016. So I'm not worried, it'll be some variation of what Briles did. And our receiving core could be stacked this year. Maybe we'll see more passing.
Back to the top

Two words. Chris Robison.
Back to the top

Driskell, Johnson, Robison - how many POWER 5 schools would DIE for our QB situation!!!!

FAU has developed what we NEVER have had before, and not just at QB - DEPTH!!!! And much of that is owed to good HS  recruiting by Partridge and his staff. Now you add the immediate impact (JUCO AND HS)players from Coach K ans this staff and - DEPTH!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Driskell, Johnson, Robison - how many POWER 5 schools would DIE for our QB situation!!!!

FAU has developed what we NEVER have had before, and not just at QB - DEPTH!!!! And much of that is owed to good HS  recruiting by Partridge and his staff. Now you add the immediate impact (JUCO AND HS)players from Coach K ans this staff and - DEPTH!
Posted On: Jan 12th 2018, 5:23 PM #376318

I mean it's good, Johnson and Robison are both question marks.
Back to the top

Our O should be crazy good.  My only concern..O-Line.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jan 12th 2018, 5:23 PM #376318

I mean it's good, Johnson and Robison are both question marks.
Posted On: Jan 12th 2018, 5:39 PM #376320

I know there is a question regarding Johnson and his health but Robison can AT MINIMUM do everything Franklin did for us, he is incredibly quick too!
Back to the top
Control functions: