Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Are you worried about Kiffin leaving?

Was there ever a doubt??

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

No doubt there but I'm starting to have doubts in our recruiting. Tooooo quiet.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 4:39 PM #376345

Not really we had a huge recruiting weekend filled with visitors 

Arizona Commit Headlines FAU's Weekend Visitors List
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 4:39 PM #376345

Absolutely intentional. Lane knows exactly what he's doing. We will have a strong class yet again with transfers having talent far beyond C USA.
Back to the top

In an article on ESPN, Mark Schlabach gave his 10 bold predictions for 2018. And #10 was Lane Kiffin will have another 10 win season and get a P5 job. I think he said North Carolina, where he can fly under the radar of the basketball program lol. If and when he leaves, it's in his best interest for us to become a football power, because it'll boost his resume. I also think he has a real affinity towards FAU. Also, who knows, maybe if he leaves for 10-15 years he eventually comes back one day. For these reasons, recruiting should be solid. It's amazing the types of players that are visiting our campus. Even the Auburn transfer was unfathomable a little over a year ago.
Back to the top

Guess Coach Justice will know in a few days (or sooner) if he has a job at AZ still!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

In an article on ESPN, Mark Schlabach gave his 10 bold predictions for 2018. And #10 was Lane Kiffin will have another 10 win season and get a P5 job. I think he said North Carolina, where he can fly under the radar of the basketball program lol. If and when he leaves, it's in his best interest for us to become a football power, because it'll boost his resume. I also think he has a real affinity towards FAU. Also, who knows, maybe if he leaves for 10-15 years he eventually comes back one day. For these reasons, recruiting should be solid. It's amazing the types of players that are visiting our campus. Even the Auburn transfer was unfathomable a little over a year ago.
Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 6:39 PM #376348

Yeah, Schlabach was the same guy who said this last year would be a disaster lol. While it's possible Lane could jump ship, I honestly think he is just throwing it out there and hoping it sticks.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Yeah, Schlabach was the same guy who said this last year would be a disaster lol. While it's possible Lane could jump ship, I honestly think he is just throwing it out there and hoping it sticks.
Posted On: Jan 14th 2018, 9:21 PM #376350
Everybody just wants as many clicks as possible.

The only guy who knows whether Kiffin is leaving after next year is Kiffin.

And you know, everybody on the outside thinks the P5 jobs (specifically SEC or Big 10) are the best because they get you the most money, the most media coverage and the best chance at getting a National Championship.

However, they also have the highest levels of stress and job insecurity because they pay you that well to perform; they fire people for 7-5 or even 8-4 seasons sometimes. He's been through all that.

And then what? Sometimes you just slide to another job (like Sumlin) or sometimes you end up right back here at a place like FAU, where the pay and the limelight are much less, but the expectations are more relaxed.

Smart people recognize that there are advantages to things like that, especially as you get older, you have a family and you're tired of bouncing around place to place - I don't know why it's THAT hard for people in the media to understand that. It's like they have one narrative and that's all they can push, because the anticipation of Kiffin leaving apparently gets way more interest than the idea of him staying.
Back to the top

Now there's a Sun Sentinel article in which all it talks about is how after Arizona hired Sumlin maybe we're safe for another couple months. It mentions how Lane Kiffin could easily take an NFL offensive coordinator job or go back to Alabama because fans want him. It's irritating as heck. It's like he's in hell down here and needs to be saved. Yea, because making a million dollars and living in Boca Raton on the water is so terrible. I'm starting to think all these articles have a huge P5 bias.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Now there's a Sun Sentinel article in which all it talks about is how after Arizona hired Sumlin maybe we're safe for another couple months. It mentions how Lane Kiffin could easily take an NFL offensive coordinator job or go back to Alabama because fans want him. It's irritating as heck. It's like he's in hell down here and needs to be saved. Yea, because making a million dollars and living in Boca Raton on the water is so terrible. I'm starting to think all these articles have a huge P5 bias.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2018, 9:23 AM #376353

If Didn’t say easily could leave. All Shandel said it’s possible and you never know. He is gonna leave eventually and that’s fine. Don’t talk yourself into he’s staying for the next decade because you will be in for a huge disappointment. Then if somehow he stays for a decade that’ll be a nice surprise.
Back to the top
Control functions: