Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chun to be named AD at Washington State

There's a news report WSU's projected starting QB committed suicide yesterday. Horrible news…..God bless this young man's family….
Back to the top

cbboarder said

There's a news report WSU's projected starting QB committed suicide yesterday. Horrible news…..God bless this young man's family….

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 8:39 AM #376396

Yea, They have pushed back the press conference for Chun. 
Awful way to start. 
Back to the top

Brutal.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

How about we just make Lane AD and double his salary?  Or just make Monte the AD!!!

Trying to lighten the conversation up after the awful news about the Washington State QB.
Back to the top

My concern regarding US is that Chun is the one who said construction would begin after the Bowl game, and then after the new year. But so far nothing is happening - any word from anyone possibly knowing anything????

And very sorry that young man did something so  stupid. Read he was projected to be the starter next year too??? Prayers for him and his family and the entire WSU family as well! SAD!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

My concern regarding US is that Chun is the one who said construction would begin after the Bowl game, and then after the new year. But so far nothing is happening - any word from anyone possibly knowing anything????

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 10:29 AM #376409

If I had to guess, the next AD will be focused on getting this built. I'm not as well-connected as a lot of the other guys here, but I really feel like Chun was a big reason why we never really got moving on the complex.

Another thing - the new AD should be focused on fundraising a lot more. He/she could possibly bring in fresh boosters, and maybe help keep Kiffin in Boca after next season.
Back to the top

What about stadium naming? Or has that been pretty much been a low priority?
Back to the top

owl in training said

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 8:38 PM #376434

No word about that recently.

But it would definitely help to fund the Schmidt Athletic Center if we COULD get somebody to commit to, say, a $10M deal (or more if possible - not trying to undersell it).

I have to wonder if Chun leaving is partly on Kelly's nudging because he is not getting enough done on the fundraising end. Just speculation after hearing that we're concerned about building the Schmidt Center if we're not sure how to pay for the whole thing.
Back to the top

Any chatter on who Chun's replacement could be?  Maybe Howard could give Tom Jurich a call - he's without a job in Louisville.  I am joking b/c I don't think someone of that stature would be interested, but I do think that Kelly needs to go after a bold, energetic guy.  There are a lot of exciting things going on in football, womens' basketball, and baseball, and Pat was not a cheerleader (although I think he was a good administrator and nice guy).  We need a cheerleader.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owl in training said

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 8:38 PM #376434

No word about that recently.

But it would definitely help to fund the Schmidt Athletic Center if we COULD get somebody to commit to, say, a $10M deal (or more if possible - not trying to undersell it).

I have to wonder if Chun leaving is partly on Kelly's nudging because he is not getting enough done on the fundraising end. Just speculation after hearing that we're concerned about building the Schmidt Center if we're not sure how to pay for the whole thing.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 7:00 AM #376440

Yeah the lack of fundraising is pretty bad. I know Chun got some stuff done over the years, but we need an AD that can do some serious work to dramatically expand the number of boosters we have. We can't keep tapping the same people year after year, and that seems to be where Chun failed. I'm sure Dr. K has a good list of possible candidates, and I wouldn't be shocked to bring in a surprisingly well known candidate from a solid P5 program.
Back to the top
Control functions: