Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 Assistant Coach Search

Signing Day is quickly approaching and we have 3 assistant coaches to replace including the OC.  Anyone have any idea when these positions will be filled?  I would have to think we would want them in place ASAP.
Back to the top

Alabama defensive analyst Wes Neighbors to FAU as safeties coach…

Back to the top

I was really thinking Coach K was waiting for Bama to finish and see who he could poach off their HUGE staff before he got really into replacement Coaches. Not to mention, the other two departed are in tough situations where they went (OL coach Justice at AZ - fired man who hired HIM and OC Briles at UH - Baylor controversy may be too close to UH, still MANY negative articles and media pieces coming out on his hire there back in Texas (almost all negative - does UH really want this on them now)).
Back to the top

Brian Daboll leaving for Buffalo probably makes it a lot harder for Kiffin to pull coaches from Bama since it's likely that Saban will promote from within (probably Mike Locksley), which means a lot of the staff will probably get promotions and move up on the staff.

I wouldn't look past our current staff either - I could potentially see Clint Trickett getting promoted to OC - knows the offense well enough, has decent experience.
Back to the top

As long as Clint is better than Travis.......
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Brian Daboll leaving for Buffalo probably makes it a lot harder for Kiffin to pull coaches from Bama since it's likely that Saban will promote from within (probably Mike Locksley), which means a lot of the staff will probably get promotions and move up on the staff.

I wouldn't look past our current staff either - I could potentially see Clint Trickett getting promoted to OC - knows the offense well enough, has decent experience.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2018, 12:23 PM #376368

No way Clint has the experience to be OC. Maybe he gets promoted to QB coach. 
Back to the top

Now we have Weis JR as OC
Justice hopefully coming back as O-line coach
Wes Neighbors takes over for Corey Batoon, right?

So we're good now, yes?
Back to the top

If I were a betting man, my money is on Justice being served for 2018!

Twitter is now full bore Owls.

Back to the top
Control functions: