Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chun to be named AD at Washington State

Auburn just hired a new AD and he was the AD from Buffalo - so expecting that we are going to get some really well-known guy from a big school might be a little optimistic.  My guess is this will not necessarily be a "name" that we know, but it will be a younger and energetic candidate who is part cheerleader and part salesman from a program that we want to model.
Back to the top

"Just speculation after hearing that we're concerned about building the Schmidt Center if we're not sure how to pay for the whole thing."

I have asked this before but still it comes to my mind, why can we not get ANY (partial least) funding to HELP for Phase 1 since it does include academic areas? The football practice fields and Indoor practice building I get (not really :Thinking: , taxes paid for both the UF and FSU FOOTBALL stadiums did they not!). We announced our project  what, 3 to 4 years ago and what do we have…while Memphis and even BUFFALO are building their buildings???
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Auburn just hired a new AD and he was the AD from Buffalo - so expecting that we are going to get some really well-known guy from a big school might be a little optimistic.  My guess is this will not necessarily be a "name" that we know, but it will be a younger and energetic candidate who is part cheerleader and part salesman from a program that we want to model.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 3:39 PM #376470

And this hire NOT being looked at too highly in Auburn Alabama! He DID get THEIR (BUFFALO'S!) indoor facility project going though - more than Chun has done!!!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 3:39 PM #376470

A lot of us thought Kiffin was out of reach too, and then we couldn't figure out if we were going to have quality coordinators or not. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to have a more well-known name from a P5 take the job. Obviously Bill Byrne, Blake James, etc. won't take the job, but I wouldn't put it past Kelly to hire somebody from the staff of Clemson as the AD that understands the need to quality athletic programs.
Back to the top

I'd say right now FAU looks great on anyone's resume. We've gone all in on athletics. One thing that is still happening, is we have name recognition now, and it's growing exponentially. Who would've thought 2 years ago that our OC hire would be the 2nd most trending topic on espn.com. Every few days it seems like there's a national story on us. So we've already surpassed the Fresno St.'s and SDSU's of the world. A great 2018 and it'll get even more insane. This is how you build up your athletic department, and the overall school's profile as a whole. At this point every extremely quality prospective AD would love to come here.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

We've gone all in on athletics.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 4:39 PM #376478

You mean football, not athletics, right?
Back to the top

Academics ?
Back to the top

Our AD just got a P5 job. Things have changed. The only question is is it forever or just the time being. The media coverage we're getting should not be underestimated. Other sports will succeed too given time. Apparently being known as the AD at FAU is good enough for a P5 job NOW. 
Back to the top

Don’t forget that Chun was the major gifts guy at Ohio st, he had a deep fundraising background.

We need someone that can find money, not count checks that come in without much work. The ideal candidate will figure out the riddle of untapping all of the money in Boca Raton.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Don’t forget that Chun was the major gifts guy at Ohio st, he had a deep fundraising background.

We need someone that can find money, not count checks that come in without much work. The ideal candidate will figure out the riddle of untapping all of the money in Boca Raton.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 6:57 PM #376484

And ALL of S. Florida! I don't pretend to know how we "attract" major (individual or corporate) sponsors/donations, but…. do we actually go out TO the Corps. and such and ask for their involvement in helping THE public U in Palm Beach and Broward Counties?
Back to the top
Control functions: