Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New OL Coach - John Garrison

Local Owl said

Your sure ? Tell us about it.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 4:15 PM #376595

No, I am asking you.

Everyone is just assuming if we offered him to come back he would have.
Back to the top

I always got the feeling that Justice wasn't a fit with Kiffin (probably by his own choice), there are guys that fall into the "FCA camp" and others that dont, it's just a culture thing and I have never gotten the impression that Kiffin runs a real faith based organization. That's core to what Garin is about, so he should find somewhere it works for him.
Back to the top

OC at ZONA has gotten hired by Illinois as OC bit they are waiting in board approval - he my take Coach J upthere with him?
Back to the top

I  hope so. @Teambeer, you are correct. KiffIn and Justice are very different kind of guys. I can't see them going to Key West together like our past coaches.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I  hope so. @Teambeer, you are correct. KiffIn and Justice are very different kind of guys. I can't see them going to Key West together like our past coaches.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 5:03 PM #376600

THAT'S A VERY GOOD THING, NO??? :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Had nothing to do with it… 

Kiffin might not spit fire and brimstone from his lips but he's definitely of the same faith.

The guys didn't have have to go to Sunday School together just like Justice and Rodriguez weren't going to "swing" together either.

:) 
Back to the top

They're just very different kind of guys. I'll leave it at that.
Back to the top

We could probably start another thread about Justice and debate/guess why he isn't back here.  But this thread is about Coach Garrison, and it seems like the guy we actually now have has a quality background (playing and coaching).  Like it or not, he is the coach that is going to be leading our guys in the offensive trenches, so I am hopeful he is as good as his pedigree suggests.
Back to the top

teambeer said

I always got the feeling that Justice wasn't a fit with Kiffin (probably by his own choice), there are guys that fall into the "FCA camp" and others that dont, it's just a culture thing and I have never gotten the impression that Kiffin runs a real faith based organization. That's core to what Garin is about, so he should find somewhere it works for him.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 4:52 PM #376598

This post didn't age well as Coach Justice packs for Sin City.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 4:52 PM #376598

This post didn't age well as Coach Justice packs for Sin City.

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 10:21 PM #376611

Plenty of prayer goes on in that city every day! ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: