Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Kissimmee Osceola RB Malcolm Davidson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

3* Kissimmee Osceola RB Malcolm Davidson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Malcolm Davidson
RB
5-10, 180 LBS
Kissimmee, FL
Osceola HS

Stud RB from one of the top programs in Florida, verbally commits to FAU over a plethora of schools, including P5 and in state foes.

Visited ECU before checking out Boca Raton the weekend of January 19th.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Pretty impressive signing considering what we have currently coming back at the RB position!  Players getting the attention he was don't usually go to a school that has 2 quality RBs on the roster who still have multiple years left like we do with Singletary and Whyte.  We proved this past season that we share the ball on offense, and this is the kind of recruit you bring in hoping he'll be the "next" Motor-type player.
Back to the top

Great RB and great timing for KiffIn. If Whyte and Singletary stay healthy, this young man ca red shirt and be a force in a couple of years. Welcome to FAU Malcolm.
Back to the top

Huge get from a HUGE OL Doug Johnson. Committed last night.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Pretty impressive signing considering what we have currently coming back at the RB position!  Players getting the attention he was don't usually go to a school that has 2 quality RBs on the roster who still have multiple years left like we do with Singletary and Whyte.  We proved this past season that we share the ball on offense, and this is the kind of recruit you bring in hoping he'll be the "next" Motor-type player.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 9:56 PM #376610

I do not think RB is as deep as you think.

Past Motor it's a lot of question marks.

Whyte has shown flashes, but yet to ever show he can carry a ball 20 times in a game if needed.

Tisdale spent most of last season hurt.
Back to the top

Singletary might not stay after next year.  Welcome Malcolm, you are in great hands with coach Smith.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2018, 9:56 PM #376610

I do not think RB is as deep as you think.

Past Motor it's a lot of question marks.

Whyte has shown flashes, but yet to ever show he can carry a ball 20 times in a game if needed.

Tisdale spent most of last season hurt.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 8:15 AM #376615

Agreed. It's not like we have Buddy as our RB2 anymore. I think I think Whyte could be that kind of guy, but you never know until you actually start playing games.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 8:15 AM #376615

He's also in a walking boot…

Back to the top

I agree. I think we could always use more RB depth. Usually the RB position is the most likely position in the game to get injured. So having a strong RB core is absolutely vital. Likewise I think we could have Malcolm run a few punt returns and we could possibly install a 2 RB system like we did at Charlotte if we want.
Back to the top

I saw some pretty good play from Whyte  (better as the season went along), and Motor is going to be Motor.  This is the type of kid I was talking about with high school recruiting instead of Juco and transfers.  He either proves he is too much of a stud to keep from playing as a true Freshman, or we get the kind of production we hope from the existing RBs, this kid redshirts, and then he is an absolute beast for several years.  Throw in some good high school lineman and then you just plug holes with the transfers if you build the right pipeline.  And of course it takes some good coaching - there were already plenty of good players on this roster before Kiffin got here.

Don't get me wrong - the transfers are tremendous and are helping us with immediate impact.  But I like to see the high school kids coming in.
Back to the top
Control functions: