Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The OFFICIAL "We are arguing and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand" Thread

Add topic

The OFFICIAL "We are arguing and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand" Thread
This thread is long overdue and will serve as a place that posts will be moved to that have gone astray - into the dark reaches of "nothing to do with the topic at hand" - and are mere squabble.

But have no fear, for those who don't want their posts to go here and prefer to duke it out intimately there is Private Messaging!

To start one with a member, and invite others to join CLICK HERE —> My Private Topics

Otherwise, they will now grace the hall of this newly created sanctum for the benefit of the rest of us who don't want to partake.
Back to the top

Thank you Rick!!!! Let's talk FAU SPORTS!!!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Hoot_N_Holler, why do you feel the need to consistently bring up that you went to UF. You do it on a regular basis. Worse, you argue with me about football, when FAU isn't even your first team. Stop flaunting the fact that you went to UF, I don't freaking care, and this isn't a UF message board.

Posted On: Oct 9th 2018, 9:44 AM #381873

I responded to a post, that's why I mentioned it.

My point is to show that even though we went to a different college, we love and support FAU.

It's very much our first school - to the point where my college buddies call me a red and blue homer.

The reason I give you a hard time, and I believe only about Riles? Because you continue to pick on and demean one player by name on our team. If I didn't care for these players I wouldn't care what you say.

I'm not flauting where I went to school because I don't feel like it's a bragging point but rather a discussion point. But for some reason where Riles and I went to school bothers you.

Look, I'm a reasonable guy and a passionate FAU fan. You contribute less posts about Riles and I'll mention my Alma Mater less by name.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Hoot_N_Holler, why do you feel the need to consistently bring up that you went to UF. You do it on a regular basis. Worse, you argue with me about football, when FAU isn't even your first team. Stop flaunting the fact that you went to UF, I don't freaking care, and this isn't a UF message board.

Posted On: Oct 9th 2018, 9:44 AM #381873

Just stating the fact they went elsewhere but support the local team. Don't be so sensative, we NEED all the fans we can get. Us OWL fans (and alums) need to stop attacking other OWL fans!
Back to the top

There's no reason to Ever mention that you went to UF here. What's the point, besides trying to draw attention to yourself? Being competitive, and being a bowl team is more than enough for me. You're not an alum. You don't even have the right to argue with me.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

There's no reason to Ever mention that you went to UF here. What's the point, besides trying to draw attention to yourself? Being competitive, and being a bowl team is more than enough for me. You're not an alum. You don't even have the right to argue with me.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2018, 11:37 AM #381878

I have mentioned multiple times that I went to a different school.  I did not go to FAU, but I have a daughter there in her second year.  I buy 4 season tickets, and I missed 1 home game last year, and will miss 1 more this season.  I attended both the CUSA championship and the Boca Bowl last year, and pretty much every new t-shirt and hat I have bought in the past 2 years has FAU on it.  FAU is "my football school" right now because that is where my daughter goes and that is who I am pulling for and giving money to.  It sounds like Hoot_N_Holler does a lot more than simply participate on this board (and more than I do), and if FAU wants to grow their fan base they need to recruit and accept "outsiders" like us.

Just my opinion.
Back to the top

But you never mentioned your school by name. Hoot N Holler won't even commit to never mentioning that he went to UF again. The obvious conclusion is that he's a proud UF alum. Not only is there no reason to mention you went to other schools, it's a bad thing. It shows that you don't care about FAU, whether you admit it or not.
Back to the top

Ugh, how did this descend this far without even getting personal, religious, or political?

And like, let's don't ever do that.

I'll extend the olive branch because this isn't the road I want to go down as a supporter of FAU. Again, we need all the fans we can get.

I apologize for offending you in my responses to your posts about Riles.

Your specific posts about Riles and referring to him as a high schooler and such offended me and I replied.

I will try not to deliberately post in a way that might offend you, however I cannot control how you interpret something that is not aimed at you.

That might include my college or life experiences, but again - they are not aimed at you. They aren't bragging either - it shows a comment based upon experience, that's all.

I do have the right to post as long as I follow the rules of this board. You have the right to choose whether we argue or not. I will be doing my best not to.

Fair enough?

Go Owls.

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

But you never mentioned your school by name. Hoot N Holler won't even commit to never mentioning that he went to UF again. The obvious conclusion is that he's a proud UF alum. Not only is there no reason to mention you went to other schools, it's a bad thing. It shows that you don't care about FAU, whether you admit it or not.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2018, 11:57 AM #381881

I had already posted this.

"Look, I'm a reasonable guy and a passionate FAU fan. You contribute less posts about Riles and I'll mention my Alma Mater less by name."

So we have a deal then?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Oct 9th 2018, 11:57 AM #381881

Does he buy tickets and attend games??? THAT is what matters, we ALL know lots of Alum who do NOTHING for our school!

Stop the bickering Owls fans, again - we are all rooting for the same side!
Back to the top