Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Roswell, GA QB Cordel Littlejohn Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

David Slavic said

Let's be realistic. We're not the biggest G5 name; Kiffin is one of the most talked-about coaches. Go 11-3 with Charlie Partridge and his red pants, we're a nice little story to cover on Underdog Dynasty. What's putting us in the national spotlight is Kiffin and his colorful history, his tweets, and the way he trolls Nick Saban. He gets away with it because he's a great coach and won a bunch of games. But without him, we're not the talking point that are currently. ESPN called us "The Fighting Lane Kiffins." Our entire identity right now is Kiffin, and once he leaves, we damn well better have a good coach coming in behind him, or else we're headed right back to our perennial number 5 spot on the ESPN Bottom 10 ranking. We're nowhere near the same level as Boise, UCF, USF, Memphis, UNLV, Fresno, NMSU, or any other program that regularly pops up on the top 25 rankings, and could, at any time, win their conference. Honestly, we still don't have reputation that comes with long term stability like Marshall, WKU, etc.

Right now we could just be a flash in the pan that ends when Kiffin goes to the PAC 12 with his entire staff.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2018, 12:03 PM #376802

^THIS - but it feels so good right now, and being opportunistic, I would love to see what the FAU brand would look like if Kiffin was here through 2020
Back to the top

Being known as a recruit who Kiffin brought in is incredibly valuable for these kids. And not to mention it also comes with an education at a rising university at a great location. Even if Kiffin left, his recruits will always be known as kids he brought in, and some will garner NFL attention regardless. Coming to FAU right now because of Kiffin is head and shoulders above the vast majority of G5 schools for any talented player, especially the South. And if we make as big of a splash as we can while he's here (top 25, NY 6, big upsets), it'll just make it that much easier for us to continually garner solid recruits in the coming years.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Being known as a recruit who Kiffin brought in is incredibly valuable for these kids. And not to mention it also comes with an education at a rising university at a great location. Even if Kiffin left, his recruits will always be known as kids he brought in, and some will garner NFL attention regardless. Coming to FAU right now because of Kiffin is head and shoulders above the vast majority of G5 schools for any talented player, especially the South. And if we make as big of a splash as we can while he's here (top 25, NY 6, big upsets), it'll just make it that much easier for us to continually garner solid recruits in the coming years.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2018, 7:38 PM #376820
Ok NFL coaches give 0.0 care what coach brought in a guy. They care about what your film looks in.

Our future winning only has to do who is coaching us at the time.

If we go undrafted this year kids 4 years down the road will not care if we are not winning at the time.
Back to the top

Ok, I get it. So since I'm basically right about us being at the top of the G5 right now it's time to foresee doom and gloom in the future. Therefore I won't be entirely right. I'm glad we cleared that up.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Ok, I get it. So since I'm basically right about us being at the top of the G5 right now it's time to foresee doom and gloom in the future. Therefore I won't be entirely right. I'm glad we cleared that up.
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2018, 1:02 AM #376835

Nobody is forseeing doom and gloom, we’re just being realistic about we are. Those of us that are realistic about where the program is are the ones that keep buying season tickets even in the middle of a bunch of 3-9 seasons. It’s the ones who see one good year and assume we could make it to the playoff next are the ones that lose interest after a bad season and go back to rooting for Miami, FSU, and UF. 

We’ve had one winning season since 2008.  We have a long way to go before we can say we’ve established ourselves as the top G5 school. We’d have to do something like go undefeated and beat Auburn in a bowl game, and be ranked in the top 10 to be the top G5. 

If we keep going the way we are, we’ll get there. Let’s enjoy every moment of the process that we’ve been waiting for for years. 
Back to the top
Control functions: