Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former GA Tech 3* DB Meiko Dotson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

Former GA Tech 3* DB Meiko Dotson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

During high school was named the 2014 Florida Athletics Coaches Association All-District 9-6A Player of the Year, and was also recognized as a First-team All-Central Florida performer as junior and senior.

Later played at Georgia Tech before enrolling at Garden City Community College.

Seeking to return to FBS play, initially committed to Appalachian State in July 2017 before later choosing the Owls. Announced his pledge via twitter on January 20th, 2018.

Offically visited Boca Raton the weekend of January 12th.

In addition to Marshall and Colorado State, also holds a reported offer from Eastern Michigan.
Back to the top

Easier just to say Ga. Tech. Well, not really! :Big-Grin:

Welcome to FAU Meiko!
Back to the top

This guy deletes all of his tweets for the most part, but me thinks that deleting his FAU commit photo could be a telling act…

Meanwhile he is visiting Marshall (after CSU last weekend) and posted this…of note, didn't do this while here, or there…

Back to the top

Rick said

This guy deletes all of his tweets for the most part, but me thinks that deleting his FAU commit photo could be a telling act…

Meanwhile he is visiting Marshall (after CSU last weekend) and posted this…of note, didn't do this while here, or there…

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2018, 10:29 PM #376871

Thought it was telling when he was still getting offers, taking visits and tweeting about them after his commit.
Back to the top

Just put six slabs (12 whole racks) of ribs and eight chicken breasts on my smoker. Came in and read about a kid that is playing games with his commitment. I'm 57 years old. Maybe I'm getting too old, but this type of attitude is tiring to me. Make a decision, announce it, change it, stick with it, but for gods sake stop with the games.  Show a little respect to the previous coaches  and tell them the truth so they can replace you. Nobody….NOBODY is irreplaceable. Mr. Dotson, love to have you because the coaches want you, but good luck if you decide to not come here.  Now , back to the tough job of watching my dinner smoke.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just put six slabs (12 whole racks) of ribs and eight chicken breasts on my smoker. Came in and read about a kid that is playing games with his commitment. I'm 57 years old. Maybe I'm getting too old, but this type of attitude is tiring to me. Make a decision, announce it, change it, stick with it, but for gods sake stop with the games.  Show a little respect to the previous coaches  and tell them the truth so they can replace you. Nobody….NOBODY is irreplaceable. Mr. Dotson, love to have you because the coaches want you, but good luck if you decide to not come here.  Now , back to the tough job of watching my dinner smoke.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 7:48 AM #376873

GREAT post, recruiting sucks IMHO as the pressures on the kids are stupid - I don't blame the kids , I blame the other Coaches who don't honor the kids commit by still going after them!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Coaches (Including Kiffin) do it all the time.  I doubt the coaches take it personally as they see it all the time, but imagine being 17 and having a coaching staff tell you, "you're the best" "Can't wait to get you on campus" only to drop them like a sack of potatoes when a 4 or 5 star becomes available, that's gotta be hurtful.  I doubt he's being flaky on purpose, I'm sure he fully intended on coming to FAU but he (may have) changed his mind.  Best of luck to him.  Enjoy the food, sounds delicious!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Local Owl said

Coaches (Including Kiffin) do it all the time.  I doubt the coaches take it personally as they see it all the time, but imagine being 17 and having a coaching staff tell you, "you're the best" "Can't wait to get you on campus" only to drop them like a sack of potatoes when a 4 or 5 star becomes available, that's gotta be hurtful.  I doubt he's being flaky on purpose, I'm sure he fully intended on coming to FAU but he (may have) changed his mind.  Best of luck to him.  Enjoy the food, sounds delicious!
Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 10:24 AM #376883

Exactly – case in point, look what happened to our most recent commit with Illinois. It's just the way it is. Coaches do it, players do it – no big deal. If he doesn't come along for a ride on the Lane Train, someone else will.
Back to the top

I asked him if he was commiting to Marshall, and he said "no, just a visit".

But we shall see…  
Back to the top

Rick said

I asked him if he was commiting to Marshall, and he said "no, just a visit".

But we shall see…  
Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 12:41 PM #376886

That's another thing – if I was a recruit and had visits to colleges lined up, why not take them just to make absolutely sure of my final decision? Good luck to Mr. Dotson. Still hope he is committed, but if not, hope he succeeds in whatever decision he chooses.
Back to the top
Control functions: