Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Returning Running Back Core

walty12 said

jgf2017 said

What an amazing day for our running back core. I was ecstatic just to get Malcolm Davidson. Now we have BJ Emmons too. I'd been worried about our running back depth behind Motor as it would be nice to give Whyte some competition. Now I can see our running game being impossible to stop.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 8:54 PM #377049

It’s not the backs that make our running game so dynamic.  Don’t get me wrong, Devin is awesome.  But it comes down to scheme and OL.

Both are ? For this fall.  Looks promising but you won’t know how the line will gel and what impact losing Briles will have.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 9:40 PM #377051

Agreed, scheme is everything. We had Buddy Howell, Motor, and Driskell with Partridge, and went nowhere. The scheme, play calling, and in-game adjustments is what propelled our offense this year. I'm excited to see what Charlie Weis Jr. brings, especially with his NFL experience now.
Back to the top

We did average 4.8 ypc in 2016, good for 31st in the country. Also, the last 4 games of that season we averaged almost 40 ppg. And that was a much higher ypc than in previous years. The main reason had to have been Motor and his great talent. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that our running game in 2016 was good enough to help a team win, it's just that we obviously had other issues that prevented us from winning. Would we have made the jump up to 6.2 ypc (which put us in the top 10) under Partridge, probably not. But we had a really good rushing attack in 2016. I loved Briles when he was here and he's a great football mind, but we have to think bigger. Adding some pro style passing plays under Weis Jr. (I'm sure his father knows a thing or two about that) will make our running game more dangerous.
Back to the top
Control functions: