Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU @ UCF Moved to Friday Night

American Athletic Conference - Composite Schedule

The game against UCF has been moved to Friday Night the 21st for TV
Back to the top

I hate this move
Back to the top

RelicOwl said

American Athletic Conference - Composite Schedule

The game against UCF has been moved to Friday Night the 21st for TV
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 11:05 AM #377128

There goes the game day possibility, which was probably pretty small possibility but could have been fun.

I hate this as well but probably the biggest game on at that time so more National eyes hopefully.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Terrible, now we have to take a day off of work aaaand try to get thru Orlando Friday traffic.  

Are there other big games that Saturday or something, I'm too lazy to look.  Just curious.  This stinks.  

Oh well, this games gonna cost me either way.  I'm sure the wife will turn that weekend into a disney weekend for the fam.  Ugh. Lol.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

I'm sure the wife will turn that weekend into a disney weekend for the fam.  Ugh. Lol.  
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 1:31 PM #377131

Bingo!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Are there other big games that Saturday or something…
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 1:31 PM #377131

There are some higher profile games that day:

SEC kicks off conference action

Nebraska vs Michigan

Wait for it…………………………………………..

FIU vs Miami

Back to the top

SEC has UF visiting Tennessee, and Texas A&M going to Tuscaloosa. Besides that, Nebraska at Michigan and TCU at Texas are the only "bigger" games that could take Gameday that week.

But, Alabama, Michigan, and Texas should all get Gameday at some point this season. And ESPN likes to go to at least one G5 game a year. This is by far the best week for that G5 Gameday to occur, because the P5 doesn't have so many strong matchups, and this is arguably the best G5 game of the season.

So I think we actually had a solid shot to get Gameday to come to Orlando for our game abasing UCF. Usually, I'm a pessimist when it comes to the media and college football, but I had hope here. Leave it to the AAC to ruin it for not just our schools, but all of the G5.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'd rather be the only big game on Friday night in a football starved country than go up against a million name brands that Saturday even with the possibility of Gameday, which would not have been in Boca by the way. I guarantee the vast majority of folks tuning into Gameday will be tuning in to see coverage of other games. We have to think big picture. For instance, all of the, for lack of a better word, whining about not getting to play a bigger bowl game was unjustified as a loss could've derailed all of the momentum we built up. All of these positive articles about us (it's only February so there's a lot more coming) would have either not been written or had a pessimistic tone. It's about building our brand, and I'll take being one of the lead stories on SC Friday instead of an afterthought on Saturday.
Back to the top

Would you believe I have a wedding Friday night. Son of a _____. Oh well. Two less FAU fans in Orlando.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'd rather be the only big game on Friday night in a football starved country than go up against a million name brands that Saturday even with the possibility of Gameday, which would not have been in Boca by the way. I guarantee the vast majority of folks tuning into Gameday will be tuning in to see coverage of other games. We have to think big picture. For instance, all of the, for lack of a better word, whining about not getting to play a bigger bowl game was unjustified as a loss could've derailed all of the momentum we built up. All of these positive articles about us (it's only February so there's a lot more coming) would have either not been written or had a pessimistic tone. It's about building our brand, and I'll take being one of the lead stories on SC Friday instead of an afterthought on Saturday.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 3:02 PM #377135
Everyone turning into gameday is there to hear about other games and schools, but none the less it's the best commercial any school could ever have.

This is what ESPN does though they do not want use air time for G5, and will not have that game compete with SEC, ACC action.

I am not crazy about Friday night because if you look at the record of road teams in the road in short weeks on the road it's a death trap.
It's why you always see upsets on those nights.
I wonder what the strategy will be? Keep the team in a hotel in Orlando Thursday or drive up Friday morning?

USC plays Washington State that night I am guessing we will be the 7 o clock slot and that Game will be 10, so ESPN gets a nice doubleheader. 
Back to the top
Control functions: