Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Middle Tennessee Cracks Into the Top 25

Add topic

Middle Tennessee is ranked in the AP Poll for the first time in program history. Kermit Davis' Blue Raiders are 22-5, having won of 14 of their last 15. Their impressive conference record (14-1) is paired with wins over Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. Such a résumé puts them at #24, putting them ahead of #25 Florida State, Kentucky, and Oklahoma, among others.

The Blue Raiders will be looking to make their third-straight NCAA Tournament appearance in March, a feat which may even be possibly via an at-large bid, just in case Middle Tennessee fails to win the C-USA Tournament. This is the first time a C-USA side has been ranked in the AP Poll since Old Dominion made the #25 spot in 2015. The Monarchs lost to Western Kentucky the following week. Middle Tennessee will take on UAB this Saturday, then finish off the regular season with home games against Western Kentucky and Marshall.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

And promptly crashes in the CUSA Tourney! Chances of getting in now - slim to none - spot will go to Major Conference mediocre team!
Back to the top
Control functions: