Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs #1 Florida - Feb 20, 2018

Add topic

GAME THREAD: FAU vs #1 Florida - Feb 20, 2018

Who: Florida Atlantic (3-0) at No. 1 Florida (3-0)

When: Tuesday 2/20 @ 6:00 PM

Where: McKethan Stadium

Audio: FAU Live Feed

Video Here

Series

Florida leads 19-7.

Projected Starting Pitchers

FAU: RHP Nick Prather (1-0, 4.86 ERA 2017)
UF: RHP Jack Leftwich (1IP, 2H, 0R, 1K 2018)

Notes

Florida Atlantic is fresh off a three game sweep of George Washington University over the weekend. The Owls (3-0) utilized fantastic pitching and defense for the first two wins, along with key hitting late for the third. To start the series, FAU hurlers pitched 17 1/3 innings of shutout baseball.

Offensively for the Owls, Eric Rivera is leading the way on the early season with a .444 batting average, and David Miranda is hitting an even .300. Johnson paces the team with four RBI, including the two to clinch the sweep on Sunday.

Florida also swept their 2018 series opener, pounding out 44 hits for 36 runs and an impressive .396 team batting average against outmatched Sienna (7-1, 10-2, 19-2).

Twenty one of the Gator's 44 hits went for extra bases, including 14 doubles, one triple, and six home runs, while Florida's trio of starting pitchers combined for 20.0 innings with just three earned runs allowed (1.35 ERA), 21 strikeouts to two walks.

FAU lost 2-1 against UF in their last regular-season meeting in Gainesville during the 2016 season, when the Gators were also ranked number one nationally.
Back to the top

The Gators will go with freshman Jack Leftwich tonight. He tossed one inning against Siena for his collegiate debut giving up two hits while striking out one.

I say it is our opportunity to pounce.
Back to the top

No stream? Ugh
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

No stream? Ugh
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 12:52 PM #377296

I think it’s on sec network and watch ESPN 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I think it’s on sec network and watch ESPN 
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 1:37 PM #377297

SEC+ (online)

I'll add the link to the ESPN feed up top.

Back to the top

2-3-4 go 0-3 with 3k's in the first for the Owls.

not pretty.
Back to the top

We are underway from Gainesville.

Leadoff man, Joe Montes opens the game with a single. FAU is unable to advance the runner, as three straight strikeouts end any early threat.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Gators strike first in Gainesville. An RBI single brings in a Gator from second, as Prather gave up an early walk and a steal.

UF 1 - FAU 0 T3rd.

Back to the top

Our "big hitters" better hit the cages. Not only striking out, but swinging at anything.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

2-3-4 go 0-3 with 3k's in the first for the Owls.

not pretty.
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 6:11 PM #377299

And it hasn't gotten any better. Leftwich is keeping FAU on their toes with a good mix of fastballs and off-speed pitches.

Back to the top
Control functions: